Our Dear Sweet Pup 11/01/94 To 04/03/2006

FountainLady

With a heavy heart I have to report that my dear hushand, Michael & I sent our PUP to the bridge on Monday after a long battle with bone cancer. He went through so much pain, but was still very much our Pup inside until the end.

I want to thank all the wonderful people on this board who sent warm wishes and good advice to us during the 3 months we battled the Osteosarcoma beast. I wish the vets would have gotten things right during the first couple months we battled this, as Pup was in pain that he should not have been put through.

He kept his dignity to the end - and he left this earth surrounded by the people who loved him the most.

The house is SO empty now ..... we miss you!

Run free big dog - your legs all work again & you can fly on the breeze!

I took lots of photos during the last few weeks of his life & have updated his on-line album, he was still cute to the end! He raced under the name of RED ZEPHER - but was PUP to those who loved him.

Pup's photo album

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry for your loss. Take comfort in knowing he is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind.

We all share your sorrow.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I am so sorry for your loss. :f_red:f_red

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Guest jettcricket

What a beautiful, beautiful boy....I grieve with you. I know my big boy Chance was there to welcome Pup to the Bridge. I'm so sorry...it's never easy, is it? :grouphug:f_red

I'm very sorry for your loss of beautiful PUP. :grouphug Know that he has joined the ranks of our beloved Bridge Angels and is free from pain, running like the wind. May you always feel his loving spirit with you. :beatheart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I love the pictures of him on the boat :wub: He looked very happy :) I'm so very sorry for your loss :grouphug:f_white

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest Baloos_Mom

I am so sorry for the pain you are in. The pictures sure do show that he led a full happy life! What a handsome man too! Run free sweet angel!

Guest jeannejj

I am so sorry for your loss. May your memories bring you joy and replace the ache in your heart.

Run free, sweet PUP.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

Guest klszoo

I love the pictures of him on the boat He looked like he had very happy life. I'm so very sorry for your loss :grouphug

God-speed sweet PUP, remember you are loved here on earth. :gh_run

:( I'm so sorry for your loss. :grouphugf_yellow

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.