Road Trip Ak To Al

Jeff

End of Day 1 Driving (day 2 overall)

Last night Ferry from Kodiak to Port Lions to Homer. Arrived about 7:40 this morning.

Unloaded and rolling about 8:30am

553 Miles, Homer to Tok.

3 UPS trucks, 2 in Homer, and one in Anchorage. Nothing else :lol

The highest gas price we saw was $3.98 :rofl

Fuel Used 39.5 Gallons

Cost $142.20

Avg MPG 14.82

Might post pics later... long day

large.greyhound_signature.gif

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some friends hanging around while we departed Kodiak...

IMG_9654.jpg

IMG_9684.jpg

IMG_9700.jpg

IMG_9734.jpg

IMG_9747.jpg

Some last Kodiak eagle pics...

IMG_9723.jpg

IMG_9724.jpg

IMG_9725.jpg

IMG_9726.jpg

IMG_9727.jpg

Kodiak in the rear view mirror

IMG_9746.jpg

Pulling into Homer, AK this morning on the ferry

IMG_9753.jpg

IMG_9756.jpg

The first moose I've seen in AK - they DO exist :lol

This one was on our way out of Homer

IMG_9759.jpg

The dogs hunkered down last night in the truck on the ferry

P1020071.jpg

Our tiny stateroom

P1020067.jpg

on AK-1

P1020177.jpg

Looking for a sign to Tok

P1020210.jpg

Oh, there it is... still a while to go

P1020196.jpg

Tonight's Digs. Dogs can stay in the loft

P1020212.jpg

Guest PhillyPups

How is T holding up on his first road trip? I bet the pups will really love their new yard!!

This is exciting. Thanks for sharing the trip.

Guest Drumhellergrey

I'm too late for the contest. but I'll sure enjoy all of the photos. :thumbs-up

Safe trip from Drumheller Alberta Canada. You should drop into our Valley on the way down. :wave

Random question: Do you have all three of them on the bench or do you have something in the foot wells too? I can't tell where T is sitting..( I need a new car and can get a honda ridgeline cheep if I can get all the dogs into the back seat..)

Katy....Mom to Retired Racers Hinder, John Carter, Hobsen, and Kodama, Galgo Espanol Gichin, and the Village Idiot...Teko
Missing terribly my fawn dog with the pretty ears Chance (Ale Seeyoulater) 6/21/05-6/23/15 Gotcha day 4/6/08 and my fuzzy baby boy Snacker (Tyville Snacker) 7/4/04-10/23/15, and all three of my IG babies, Isen, Tien, and Java.

Guest IrskasMom

Fabulous Pictures (I will miss them ) I am so glad I looked. Your three gorgeous Dogs right with you. Looking forward to more Pictures from this Trip. :):):)

long long day 657 miles on some rough bad roads in portions. Lots of caribou in the way this morning as well. All 5 of us are beat. Tomorrow is another 600+ mile day too.

To answer the question above, the foot wells (along with the rest of the truck) are completely packed. Fish (Plecos) in a cooler on the left and our day travel bag on the right. That is all topped with a foam mattress pad for the dogs to lay on.

2 themes today...

Caribou and crazy dogs

The caribou - not good for time or gas mileage when you have to keep stopping to let a caribou or two or three or a herd of 20 get out of the road

P1020261.jpg

P1020268.jpg

P1020272.jpg

Crazy dogs and their thoughts for the day

P1020250.jpg

(this was NOT staged lol)

P1020299.jpg

P1020313.jpg

P1020324.jpg

P1020329.jpg

P1020332.jpg

Yes - he rode like that for quite a while

Guest Greytluv

Oh, the poor dogs. I can't imagine. We took a road to Colorado from California and they were stressed out.

Beautiful pics. It's nice to be cyber traveling with you colgate.gif

Guest dwolfe711

OOPS - Sorry - just read the rest of the posts - I'm too late - here's what I would have guessed!!

FedEx.... #___150______

UPS...... #___100_____

Wal-Mart. #___125_______

TOTAL.... #___375______

Missed this since we were at Spring Dewey and I wasn't online since Wed - here are my guesses if it's not too late -

Edited by dwolfe711

I realize all this wildlife is slowing you down and making for a more treacherous drive, but OHMYGOSH, what amazing things you are seeing! Some people pay a fortune to take tours and never see anything half as cool as the photos you've posted over the past few days. I'm loving taking the trip vicariously with you. Keep the photos coming!

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I realize all this wildlife is slowing you down and making for a more treacherous drive, but OHMYGOSH, what amazing things you are seeing! Some people pay a fortune to take tours and never see anything half as cool as the photos you've posted over the past few days. I'm loving taking the trip vicariously with you. Keep the photos coming!

Totally amazing and stunning pics. too bad this was such a he77 hole to live in. It's visually spectacular.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest bigbrindlebunny

Incredible pictures, I'm seein' them but I ain't believin' them. All we have here in DC today is traffic, more traffic, and traffic due to security blockades for (you guessed it) Nuclear Summit motorcades.

I'm loving all these pictures. They're amazing! Looks like the dogs are nice and comfy. No one looks stressed at all.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee