Good Bye Jim

Jennifer

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lillysmum

Oh, Judy, I haven't been on much lately. And this is the first thread I see. My heart is breaking for you all.

Godspeed Jim. Run free with Susan! :gh_run2

Here's a gentle hug for you, Judy. And some flowers to send Jim on his final journey. :bighug:brokenheart:f_red

I'm just now seeing this...Judy, I'm so sorry for the loss of your dearest Jim...I'll always remember the stories you told of him. :grouphug:f_white

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Thank you so much for all your good thoughts and warm wishes.

I am getting used to the fact that Jim is no longer with us, though it is hard. We were out for the day today and when we came in I greeted Renie and so nearly asked DS where Jim was. :( But it will get easier.

When I feel a little better about it I plan to post a little memorial with some happy pictures.

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Guest auntiesara

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this. We have had so much going on that we are only on the board a few days a week, and we only just saw this. We have heard so much about him, we will miss him.

Sara and Charlie

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

I am so sorry for you loss.

Run free Jim, play, frolic, roach some, and don't forget to sleep ;)

You are sadly missed upon this earth :(

I am posting this for Judy. (Silverfish) :heart:grouphug:heart

Judy's beloved Jim passed away last night. His weak heart finaly gave out on him. :cry1 I know he was very dear to her and her family and he will be greatly missed. I never got to meet Jim but I feel very close to him. Judy and I have spent a lot of time talking about our hounds and I knew that Jim was ailing but he was a fighter too :) . He would always end up surprising her on afternoon walks by suddenly getting some pep in his step and acting silly. But his age would soon catch up with him and he would remember that he's not as young as he use to be. :blush Like all of us, we cant fight time.

Judy, I have never done this before, and I hope I am doing Jim justice. I feel like I have lost a friend today too. :(

God speed Jim, we will miss you so.  :f_white

Jim.jpg

I know Susan is waiting for at the rainbow.  :angelwings

1342918[/snapback]

We lost our grey on 02/17/05..........valerie and jim at the bridge together.run free sweet things.....run free of your pain.till we met again someday

Guest Fawn_Molly

:(

Gosh, I just saw this. I was reading another thread and you'd put "Jim was.." - past tense and my tummy just lurched. Then I saw this thread.

I am so, so sorry to hear that Gentleman Jim is no longer with us. He definitely made an impact on me. I loved to read about him and see his pictures. You posted a lovely "bookends" picture quite a while ago that I really liked, it sort of captured a moment. Jim was such a gorgeous, handsome dog. I will miss him.

It doesn't bear thinking about what his life was like before he got you but thank goodness you found each other and he had a greyt life with you.

My sincerest sympathies.

f_yellow

Guest pleasantsarg

I just found this. Thank you for posting this Jennifer.

My eyes have welled up reading about Jim's passing. Judy, I am so sorry that you are your family have lost such a special family member. I have learned so much from you through your posts, even though I never met Jim, I feel he was an active member of the board. I know he had a beautiful soul and I will miss hearing you talk about him-- please don't stop that. Thinking of you and your family during this difficult time.

Thank you all ... I am so touched that people are still honouring Jim by posting on this thread. He deserved every single one of your messages, he was such a beautiful, good dog.

It makes me cry, but that's OK. It's also comforting to know how many people cared about him. Thank you so much.

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Judy,

I don't know how I missed this until now...but I am so, so sorry to hear of Jim's passing.

I too will always remember your stories of him and the gorgeous pictures you have posted over the years. I have always thought that the one of him in his PJs on a big comfy bed was just the cutest. It was obvious to us all that he was a special boy.

Take care, much love :heart

Lucy

Judy, I'm sorry he's gone, but what a life he had with you. Godspeed Jim.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Lynne

Oh, I'm so very sorry to hear about your Jim, Judy. He sounds like a sweet, sweet boy. He was a gorgeous boy. I know he will be greatly missed :(