She's Gone...

Guest Remembering_Trudy

Guest Remembering_Trudy

Last night, at 11pm I lost Trudy... We were together nearly everyday for the last 10 years. I feel numb, I've cried and cried and cried, now I'm just in shock. Is it possible to be out of tears? I slept holding her collar tightly in my hand last night. When I took it off of her at the vet's office her tags jingled and I realized I'd never hear them again and if I did, it wouldn't be her... I didn't let go of her collar until this afternoon. Everyone, please give your greys a hug and kiss for me. I've give anything to have just a few more minutes to tell her how much I love her and give her one last ear rub and kiss between those soulful brown eyes. :( Rest in peace my love...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm really sorry to hear that Trudy has gone to The Bridge.

I truly. truly believe that she's not too far away from you and that you will meet again.

Beyond The Rainbow

As much as I loved the life we had and all the times we played,

I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade.

I saw a wondrous image then of a place that's trouble-free

Where all of us can meet again to spend eternity.

I saw the most beautiful Rainbow, and on the other side

Were meadows rich and beautiful -- lush and green and wide!

And running through the meadows as far as the eye could see

Were animals of every sort as healthy as could be!

My own tired, failing body was fresh and healed and new

And I wanted to go run with them, but I had something left to do.

I needed to reach out to you, to tell you I'm alright

That this place is truly wonderful, then a bright Glow pierced the night.

'Twas the Glow of many Candles shining bright and strong and bold

And I knew then that it held your love in its brilliant shades of gold.

For although we may not be together in the way we used to be,

We are still connected by a cord no eye can see.

So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart

If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart.

Author Unknown

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Run free sweet Trudy. I am sorry about your loss. :f_red

The crew Desi, Comet, Theo, Memphis, Belle, the 2 adult humans, and the kiddo.

R.I.P. Bear, Bilbo, Tippy, Guinea Pig Paige

Desi (TNJ By Design), Comet (Corpus Comet) Theo (Gable Thinsulate)

Bear (CS What A Bear) Dec. 3, 1999 - Dec 22, 2008 Bilbo (CTW Buffalo Bill) July 2001 - Aug 17, 2011,

Guest trevdog

I'm so sorry. It's OK to cry and hold on to her collar for as long as you need to. I did the same thing. I'm sure she knew she was loved, and she is waiting for you at the bridge. Run free Trudy with all of the others that went before you. :f_white:f_white

Guest auntiesara

I'm so sorry for the loss of Trudy. It's very hard and events in everyday life will remind you of her. I truely believe we WILL see them again.

Sara

Edited by auntiesara

I'm so sorry. :grouphug:candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest FullMetalFrank

I am so sorry about your loss of Trudy. I know what you mean about the collar; when I lost my grey last year, I had his collar and I sat in my Jeep for quite a long while after I got home, and finally I placed it on the rearview and it's been there ever since. He loved to go for rides... hard to believe for his last one he had to be carried and he never got to come home.

I see you are new here, please stay around and tell us more about your Trudy if it's not too hard. Godspeed Trudy....

Godspeed Trudy! Run to the angels sweetie. Look down upon your family until you meet again. :f_pink:f_red:f_whitef_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.