She's Gone...

Guest Remembering_Trudy

Here's a picture of her. This was always my favorite one. I took it several years ago outside of the Greyhound Hall of Fame in Kansas. During one of our many trips together...

She was an outstanding beauty! What a tragedy that you lost her...

How old was she?

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Remembering_Trudy

She was an outstanding beauty! What a tragedy that you lost her...

How old was she?

Thank you... She was 11 and a half. (she would have been 12 this coming November). I got her when she was just past 18 months, I guess she was cut early at the track.

(The picture that I posted was taken when she was 6 years old)

Guest DemasMom

I rarely come to this forum because it bothers me so much to read about the loved ones who are gone. *Big Hugs* I am so sorry you are hurting. I wish I could say something more but I have tears streaming down my face at reading your beautiful posts about her. I can relate to that awful feeling of 'I should have done more.' I know its hard to feel like this right now but don't second guess yourself or what you did for her - your Trudy loved you for all that you are and knew how much you loved her.

Run free sweet Trudy

Edited by Demas'Mom

Guest Meredith

I'm so sorry that things ended the way they did, but hindsight is always 20/20. You gave her a life that was worth living, and it sounds like she lived it to the fullest. She knew the joys of a soft bed, she knew the comfort of a belly full of good food, she knew the fun of playing, she knew the excitement of traveling and going places with you, she knew companionship and trust. But most importantly of all, she knew love.

Sometimes love means knowing when to take her for medical help. Sometimes medical treatment can help, and other times, in spite of everyone's best efforts, it can't. And sometimes love also means knowing when to let go. She did.

But love doesn't mean you have to let go of her in your heart and your memories. She will always be with you, wherever you go and whatever you do.

Guest D_MansMommy

I'm so sorry for your loss. Trudy was a beautiful grey. Take care and hold on to that collar. Trudy will be watching over you :grouphug

Guest Remembering_Trudy

Just when I think I'm feeling better... :(

I just got home from picking up Trudy's ashes. Luckily a friend offered to take me down there, I was gonna go alone. When we got back in the car I broke down and cried. I never thought I'd be able to carry her in such a little box... For the hour ride home I held the box in my lap and stroked it with my thumb, it's now on the top shelf in the living room. I plan to set up a bit of a memorial to her, a framed picture, my bronze greyhound statue and maybe some other things. :cry1

Guest Meredith

My grandparents have framed portraits (sketched by my step-mom, an artist) of their 2 favorite dogs hanging in their family room with the dogs collars hanging below the pictures. I thought it was a nice tribute.