Jaeger

Guest Kim

My dear sweet baby girl Jaeger is going the Rainbow Bridge tonight. She has been fighting Valley Fever for almost a year now. She fought a tough battle. She would have been 7 years old this coming February. Jaeger was my first dog. And she will always be my heart dog. I dedicated my board BarkBack to her. My interest and education on dogs all started because of her. She has changed my heart forever. The pain is almost more than I can bear. But I have good friends who extend their love and compassion to me. Without them I couldn't do this. I hate to see my precious baby in her current condition. Her dignity is lost and it is time to say goodbye.

I know you all will send white light and prayers that she will cross the bridge to happier, better place where there is no more pain. I hope she doesn't miss me as much as I will her. I can't imagine my life without her.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Kim, I'm sooo sorry. I've seen your posts on BarkBack and I know how much you love her...she knows it too... :f_white

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Oh Kim :cry1 I'm so sorry to hear that Jaeger is leaving for the Bridge :cry1 I remember you telling me about her illness in the chat room one day. I'm sending white light to both of you as you help her to to a painfree place.

:f_pink

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Kim, I'm so very sorry to hear such sad news about Jaeger. I know you feel heartbroken... and at the same time, it's the most merciful and loving action you could take, to give your baby girl freedom from suffering. The love you share will always be right there in your heart space. :beatheart The gifts she gave you made you a better person and have touched so many lives. Much light to you both, and Godspeed, sweet Jaeger. :bighug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest azlorenz

Damn it. I had so hoped she was gonna beat this thing. Kim, my heart breaks for you. The pain seems unbearable right now but it will ease -- however, you will never forget your dear sweet Jaeger because she is in your heart forever. I know my Jeffrey will be waiting for her at the Bridge and will introduce his new friend to all those that wait for us. I've got to sign off now as the tears are flowing too much for me to type. Let's all light a candle for Jaeger tonight. I'll be in touch Kim.

Run free sweet Jaeger......

Edited by azlorenz

Kim - I don't know what to say..except I'm so sorry and I know that Jaeger was much loved and will be patiently waiting at the Bridge for you. Everytime I go to Barkback, I will think of her.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Guest argolola

This is so heartbreaking...I am so sorry. May God bless you as you remember the wonderful life you gave your pup. Run free at the bridge, sweet angel girl.

Guest cindysmom

Oh Kim, I'm so sorry you have to say good-by to your girl. The pain must be beyond mention. Since I'm having a b-day gathering at my folks' tonight, my wish is going to be for all our bridge babes to run free and in great joy. Hugs.

Kim, I'm sorry. From your posts, I know she is an exceptional dog, and the two of you have had an exceptional relationship.

Godspeed, Jaeger. Be happy and healthy again, in the land over the bridge. Your friends here will never forget you.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest ProudGreyMom

Kim, I am so very sorry for your loss. Your sweet pupper is watching over you forever now and she just runs free and healthy remembering all you did for her. Big hugs for you, we're all here for you.

It's a difficult thing to do - that last final gift of freedom and release. I'm sure she's running swift and free with Inky and Maui and all her extended family's bridge kids. Will think of her every visit to BarkBack :f_white

Alice (missing 12/7/05), Wonder and Ben

Alice%20Sig.jpgWonder%20Prof%20Sig.JPGBen%20Sig.jpg

And our beloved Bridge Kids... Inky, Maui, Murphy, Ragamuffin, Della and Natalie

Guest thenightsend

That's much too young... I don't know what I'll do when I lose my Duke... I love him so much... He's a purebred mutt and I'll never find another dog that even looks like him let alone one with such a great disposition... How do you pronounce Jaeger? I have a kitten named Jagar (Jay-gar)...

One great thing about Jaeger is that she inspired you to pursue something you never even considered before.

You're a great owner for recognizing that she's been through enough... Many people make their pets suffer because they can't let go- even for the animal's sake.

She'll be without pain now, and someday you'll be with her again.