Emergency Harness

A dog carrying sling for when you are out and about.

https://fidoprotection.com/products/fido-pro-airlift-emergency-dog-harness

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Posted (edited)

I should have added that I have a couple of stretchers here just in case we need them. 

I have one of these - https://www.rescue-essentials.com/rescue-essentials-quiklitter-k9/

Also one of these - https://www.rescue-essentials.com/rescue-essentials-quiklitter-lite/

And Remolacha provided one to us with wheels - something like this https://www.walmart.com/ip/Animal-Stretcher-Pet-Trolley-Transport-Dog-Stretcher-Veterinary-250-lb-2-Wheels/5190388841 that she was no longer using.  Ironically, when the neighbor's Weimeraner was having a seizure and had to go to the E-Vet we still ended up lifting her and carrying her to the car because it happened so fast that I forgot we had the stretchers. :huh

I highly suggest having something with handles and hopefully multiple people are available to help and make it easier. We've helped to move several dogs in a rolled up comforter or blanket over the years and and it is difficult at best without handles. It;s doable, but very hard to maintain the grip on a rolled up blanket. 

Edited by Time4ANap
typo
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I'm wondering if Ninja could wear this harness on our walks. When we pass another dog, heft him onto my back and let him do his dog-reactive barking to his heart's content, squirming helplessly while stuck in the harness with his feet flailing...

Seriously, though, it looks like something that would have been comforting to have on Logan's last day, when I wasn't sure he would make it to the car under his own power. But I do question how easily I could get this onto a dog that is deadweight. Seems like you would have to put it over two legs, lay the straps on that side on the ground, roll the dog over on his back, put the other two legs through the holes, and then somehow try to lift him. As others say, that would take a pretty strong back and legs.

Rob
Logan (April 7, 2010 - July 9, 2023) - LoganMaxicon15K.jpg - Max (August 4, 2004 - January 11, 2018)

I used the God's Greyts harness 24/7 for Nutmeg in her last months.  She didn't seem to mind one bit, and it never caused any rubbing/irritation problems.  It was wonderful to have it already on for minor things, like helping her in the car, and of course for the final major problems.  

• Like 1

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

31 minutes ago, EllenEveBaz said:

I used the God's Greyts harness 24/7 for Nutmeg in her last months.  She didn't seem to mind one bit, and it never caused any rubbing/irritation problems.  It was wonderful to have it already on for minor things, like helping her in the car, and of course for the final major problems.  

I used this on a couple of my dogs, and it was such a help with Val at the end when she fell in the yard and couldn’t get up or stand on her own.