Mark Is Having A Dental Today - UPDATE In First Post

Yesterday's update was a happy one.  Perfect labs!  Hope Mark is feeling better today.  Gracie is sure to have a better day with her buddy home.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

3 hours ago, FiveRoooooers said:

How is Mark this morning? :wub:

8:30 AM AZ Time - Mark had a quiet night. He slept until about 2:00AM. I stayed up until 1:00 AM but couldn't get him interested in drinking water or going outside, so I went to bed. Not long after I was asleep, I heard activity on the baby monitor greyhound monitor. He was up and around, so he had some Evanger's Magic Chicken and went outside.  About a half hour after that I heard him at the water bowl. 

I got him all tucked back in at about 2:45 and other than changing rooms during the night he slept. Chris found him sleeping in his man cave this morning - aka the guest room.  He had more magic chicken this morning and is now having his after breakfast nap. 

I bought the baby monitor when LaVida started limping so that I would know when she was up during the night. It has come in handy several times now when I needed to know that one of the hounds was up or needed to go outside during the night. Well worth 20 bucks! 

• Like 8
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Has Mark passed the french fry eating test and not had any drop out of his mouth whilst chomping?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

3 hours ago, macoduck said:

Has Mark passed the french fry eating test and not had any drop out of his mouth whilst chomping?

No fries yet. I wanted to give his gums plenty of time to heal and also figured that salt on the fries may burn a little if he had them too soon. 

He has been getting the soft peanut butter treats that were mentioned above and those are perfect for now.  I will give him a little more time before we have fries just to be safe. He is doing great though, and obviously feels way better than he did before the dental. 

• Like 4

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

It's great that Mark is healing so well. I hope the french fry test can happen soon.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

13 hours ago, macoduck said:

1 hour ago, GreyPoopon said:

It's great that Mark is healing so well. I hope the french fry test can happen soon.

Mark says "thank you" to all of the enablers here. :lol

He had his fries tonight!  None fell out where teeth are missing. :rotfl

• Like 4

:yay   Mark got his french fries!  :yay 

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Mark? You may need to do a few test runs with that new toofer arrangement. Demand more fries! 

• Haha 1

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Yay for fries! (Especially those that don't escape.)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

On 3/6/2024 at 2:44 PM, FiveRoooooers said:

Mark? You may need to do a few test runs with that new toofer arrangement. Demand more fries! 

He had more fries tonight. In the name of science, of course. 

• Like 2