Leela, the podenco

macoduck

It is simply heart breaking that Leela had to cross over. Her beautiful spirit lives on and always will.  Nothing can take away the legacy of love which she obviously perfected.  She IS spirit-just like us-and the truth is she has more 'power' to share love now from the other side than she did when she was here in body.  Thank you for sharing her with us-we are all enriched by more love now having known her. :heart

"What we have enjoyed we can never lose…All that we love deeply becomes a part of us."-Helen Keller

"For love is as strong as death....
                                                                                                                                          Many waters cannot quench love, nor can the floods drown it.
                                                                                                                          If a man would give for love all the wealth of his house, it would be utterly despised."

-Song of Solomon 8:6-7

:f_pink:grouphug:f_red                                                                                         

Ducky, I'm so sorry that grand girl is gone and far, far too soon. I'm glad that Leela found loving care, cookies, beds, and fun in her last months. :grouphug

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

You are so compassionate, Ducky.  Even knowing that Leela's time with you might be short, you opened your home and heart to this little lady who truly deserved it.  I'm so sorry you didn't have more time together.  :grouphug

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown