Houndstown?

Does anyone know if Houndstown is still around? The website is fine and the Etsy shop isn't selling anything. They had such a great harness, I was going to send a link to a friend, but they are no where to be found. 

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

I have seen on other forums, people asking the same question.  One of the Virginia (?) adoption groups is selling his products.  

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Seeh2o, I'll ask a friend who used to work for him and will let you know.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I went back into the Reach the Beach fb page.  The group is James River Greyhounds.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

There's a phone number showing on their FB page. https://www.facebook.com/people/Houndstown/100076194100881/

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Friends says appears to disappeared due to a possible divorce and it was his wife who did the sewing.  :dunno

Although Houndstown has a FB page, it is out of date.  His Etsy shop is closed. GIG's list of vendors has him with James River Greyhounds in VA. There are no collar or harness listings in the JRG shop.

I don't know who makes these for Hound-Safe, but she has good stuff, vends at GIG, and is sometimes here on Greytalk.

https://www.hound-safe.com/collections/jackets-harnesses

Editing to add the Hound-Safe harness are made by Houndstown but are very very short supply and there may not be a re-stock available. Tell your friend that she needs to order soon.

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

If you need an alternative, the 2 Hounds Design Harness works well, and FreeToFeet is a collar maker out of Charlottesville, VA.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

On 6/13/2023 at 1:04 PM, Houndtime said:

I went back into the Reach the Beach fb page.  The group is James River Greyhounds.

Thank you! 

On 6/13/2023 at 3:32 PM, macoduck said:

Friends says appears to disappeared due to a possible divorce and it was his wife who did the sewing.  :dunno

Although Houndstown has a FB page, it is out of date.  His Etsy shop is closed. GIG's list of vendors has him with James River Greyhounds in VA. There are no collar or harness listings in the JRG shop.

I don't know who makes these for Hound-Safe, but she has good stuff, vends at GIG, and is sometimes here on Greytalk.

Editing to add the Hound-Safe harness are made by Houndstown but are very very short supply and there may not be a re-stock available. Tell your friend that she needs to order soon.

Ok, thanks so much. I have one of his safety banner reflective harnesses for my huntress. If she sees a squirrel all bets are off of she's wearing a martingale or a regular harness, but she can't slip out of the safety banner harness. 

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

6 hours ago, palmettobug said:

If you need an alternative, the 2 Hounds Design Harness works well, and FreeToFeet is a collar maker out of Charlottesville, VA.

I have several 2Hounds harnesses, but my girl can slip them. My friend's dog has an even higher prey drive, so I wanted to recommend the Houndstown Safety Banner Harness to her. 

On 6/13/2023 at 3:32 PM, macoduck said:

Thanks for the link, I checked and they are all out of stock. I sure hope he'll stay making them again. Great quality and the price was great, too. I call it Gildy's Versace ala 80's Madonna S & M harness! 

6 hours ago, seeh2o said:

Thanks for the link, I checked and they are all out of stock. I sure hope he'll stay making them again. Great quality and the price was great, too. I call it Gildy's Versace ala 80's Madonna S & M harness! 

Contact Hound-Safe anyway in case she hasn't updated her website.

tiny hada siggy.png

• 2 weeks later...

check out carol(she does the nail clipping at big events) https://www.etsy.com/shop/GodsGreyts

spookharnesses, tag collars, martingale walkers(leash/collar combo- the BEST!) and martingales. She's taking a short break, but do message or go to the adoption group and messenger her there. a wonderful person, great sewing skills and knows her GHs!

https://godsgreyts.com/