Zoey - Honorary Greyhound - Age 13

Time4ANap

Zoey is actually a Weimaraner who lives on the next street. She has been besties with every greyhound we've had. We made her an honorary greyhound years ago. Zoey would come to our front door and bark to let me know she was there, just in case I wanted to bring her a Milk Bone. She also trained some other neighbors, and when their garage door was up, she would enter the garage, bark, and wait for them to open the kitchen door. She would then go to their treat jar and wait to be served. 

We first met Zoey 9 years ago while Rocket and I were out for a walk in our new AZ neighborhood. Both of them wagged their tails at each other and as we met our new neighbors, the dogs hit it off. As Zoey walked away to head home, she turned her head and watched Rocket the whole way until she disappeared around the corner to go to her house. Even her owner was laughing and said "I think Zoey has a crush."  Rocket and Zoey were always ecstatic to see each other and would hang out with each other patiently while the humans stood there and talked. They would also walk together when the timing of our walks was right. 

Petunia was also good friends with Zoey. Each of our dogs got to know Zoey and would pull to go and see her if we were out for a walk. 

Today I had a phone call from Zoey's mom asking if I could help get her into the car to go to the E-Vet. When I got there, Zoey was having a seizure.  She continued to seize during the ride. Based on her medical history and age, her Mom knew that it was time to make the decision that none of us want to make. She passed peacefully with her Mom and I petting her. Her dad is on a trip overseas, but was able to be there on Facetime and talk to his girl. That was rough. 

Run-free, Zoey. I'm sure that Rocket and Petunia will be there show you around. :f_pink

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

What a wonderful grey ghost to have had as a friend. Zoey sounds like quite a character and the kind of neighbor I wish we had more of. Thank you for sharing her with us. My deepest sympathies to her people, you and Chris and all those who knew and loved her. 

Godspeed Zoey. The bikkie jar at the Bridge is always full. 

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

How sad for Zoey's mom and dad, but I am so glad you were there for support, as hard as that must have been. You are a wonderful neighbor. Condolences to everyone who knew and loved Zoey. She sounds like a lovely dog. I am sure Rocket and Petunia were thrilled to see their friend again. Extra French fries for all at the Bridge tonight!

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

I am so sorry for your neighbor's loss.  Such a sweet dog will be having a reunion with her pals at the bridge.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Run free, Zoey.

Condolences to all who loved her….

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I’m so sorry. I know I have loved friends’ dogs and was always deeply saddened by their loss as I am sure you are too Don.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross