Order of the beds

Grace and Guinness have the same preference of which dog bed is the best with the sofa as number one choice followed by bed two being under the window and then the one next to it under the TV is the third choice.  Who gets what is strictly on a first come first served basis which they both accept good naturedly with no squabbling, growling or bullying to get the other one to move.

Come biscuit time if Guinness is on a higher ranking bed he will get up and follow me to the treat cupboard and Grace will quickly jump onto the bed Guinness had occupied a moment before and wait with a "butter wouldn't melt" expression for the biscuit to come to her. Guinness gives Grace a "not again" look and settles onto a lower ranking bed.

As my father used to say "There's  no point getting older if you don't get wiser" :D

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

:P

We also have a couple of favourite beds and the same thing happens here multiple times a day.  :lol

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Grace, you're one smart cookie and you're doing it right. :lol

Years ago I had Piper The Perfect, MoMo Meany Pants, and Spirit.  They each liked the couch best and would grudgingly share the couch if they had to, but that meant room for only two hounds on the couch.  When the 2 younger hounds were on the couch, Piper would ask to go outdoors.  Mo an Spirit would leap up to go out too!  As they both pushed to get out the door first, Piper would turn around and hop hp on the couch.  That's the way it's done.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

2 minutes ago, LBass said:

When the 2 younger hounds were on the couch, Piper would ask to go outdoors.  Mo an Spirit would leap up to go out too!  As they both pushed to get out the door first, Piper would turn around and hop hp on the couch.  That's the way it's done.

:laughitup

When Mercury is in my chair, I'll go to the cookie jar and rattle it.  He trots in, gets a cookie, and I steal my chair back.

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

2 hours ago, LBass said:

Grace, you're one smart cookie and you're doing it right. :lol

Years ago I had Piper The Perfect, MoMo Meany Pants, and Spirit.  They each liked the couch best and would grudgingly share the couch if they had to, but that meant room for only two hounds on the couch.  When the 2 younger hounds were on the couch, Piper would ask to go outdoors.  Mo an Spirit would leap up to go out too!  As they both pushed to get out the door first, Piper would turn around and hop hp on the couch.  That's the way it's done.

I saw this scenario many times when I had multiple hounds! My favorite was one of my broodies who would suddenly look up, all alert, maybe stand up, like she heard something outside. Fletcher would leap up and run outside, Molly would snag the bed and curl up with her back to the room so when Fletcher came back in, she could pretend to not even know he was there. Worked Every. Single. Time. :rofl

Another "Look! Look! It's a ... " bed-stealing household here, for many years with most of the dogs.  How do 50% of the dogs figure it out so quickly and 50% remain totally clueless?

I have come to the sad conclusion that with Jeter gone, neither one of the remaining dogs think that sitting next to me on the couch is the preferred seat.  :(  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter