Does Your Greyhound Like to Cuddle ?

It took Miss Lily a while to come around to a good snuggle...OK, it took years...and she still gets kinda grumpy, sometimes.  My other two came to like cuddling up a lot sooner.  My last one would tire of it and move away after a while.  I think that was because of his arthritis.

I think it's good for new owners to know that it can take time, though.

What's your experience with this?

Two and a half years and still won't come for a ear rub never mind a cuddle but she will now allow me to go to her :D.

As for kisses, have you seen what they lick?:yikes

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

There was a study done recently which concluded that dogs do not like to cuddle, but they tolerate it because they know that humans do.
Nobody sent this memo to Buddy. He likes to corner you into a space that you can’t escape from and wedge his head under your armpit. He frequently does this when I go to the loo. I suppose I should just learn to close the door after me.

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

Sid, our Irish boy, LOVES to snuggle.  He practically lays on top of me, moaning and sighing, and often roaches so I will scratch his belly.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Rumble isn't a huge cuddler. In fact when I try for a cuddle I frequently get a warning growl, but he seems to be more okay on more occasions and sometimes even cuddles up to me. Usually in the morning and it might just be the weather changing but I love it. Only been 7 months though!

MoMo, my girl, was born to cuddle and snuggle, endlessly affectionate and demonstrably loving.  Even she would usually start the night under the covers in bed with me and then hop off and go to her dog bed sometime in the night.  Shy boy, Spirit, will snuggle if he's scared or anxious.  My other two loved it if I came and sat with them but were not cuddlers in the way that MoMo was.  New boy, Nate, is not shaping up to be much of a cuddler.  He loves attention but doesn't like to feel constrained.

None of my 4 have ever been at all interested in cuddling/sleeping with other greyhounds.  At all. 

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.