Grateful for Greyhounds

I'm just back from a short trip to family that I usually take my dogs to.  But the animal numbers there were such that it would have been too stressful for all concerned -- 5 dogs (2 doxy mixes and 3 lab mixes -- 1 of each is somewhat dog aggressive), 3 cats, 2 tortoises, and untold numbers of hamsters.  So Milo and Jeter stayed home and as far as I can tell were perfectly happy with a sitter who is their regular dog walker.  

But I missed them so much!  It did not help at all to be petting the other animals -- it just made me miss my hounds even more.  I missed them on the drive, too.  They are excellent company in the car. 

I know there is no such thing as a perfect dog and what one person finds endearing in a dog another person will find annoying, and these dogs are all sweet-tempered and people-oriented, but dang, they are ill-behaved.  They jump up on people (well, so does Jeter sometimes, but when he does it, it's cute ;)  ), they beg for food, they almost climb up on you to get food, neither one of the doxies has ever been consistently house trained, they bark early and often, and they are all considerably overweight and never get taken for walks.  Worst of all, they don't know the command that all dogs are taught first thing in this house -- MOVE!  They do not get out of your way when asked to do so.  In a crowded house with much food being carried from room to room, this was an issue.  

Such a relief to come home to my sweet boys' enthusiastic welcome and get a glowing report from the sitter.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

There's no place like home!

I'm sure that Milo & Jeter appreciated that you left them at home... they probably wouldn't have enjoyed being in such a chaotic place either.  

Edited by BatterseaBrindl

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Greyhounds are wonderful. :beatheart

Ill-behaved dogs--of any type--not so much. 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Now that note I found in the Slumberball makes sense.  Tell Jeter and Milo that Petunia and Kate thoroughly enjoyed their house party and they are looking forward to the next time you go away the next one. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life