Dog beds

Anyone have a good recommendation for a dog bed?

Everything is either too small or hundreds of dollars! 

Thx in advance.

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Kitty: Biggi Paws (7.4.13)
Horse: WC Kharena (2.28.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

The favorite here is Mammoth Dog Beds.  The canvas covers last forever. 

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

I just bought my guys two beds from Orvis.  They were on sale and free delivery.  I have two other Orvis beds in our bedroom for them.  The beds are 7 years old and look brand new.  They have canvas covers and wash beautifully.  I was looking around for several weeks and decided to go back to these.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

We have had good luck with the inexpensive Costco beds. 

I believe we have 9 or 10 of them and some of the rectangular ones are 6-7 years old. 

The covers stand up very well ... they wash up nicely and when they get a bit flat I just add a layer of egg-crate type foam. 

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I REALLY WISH Costco would re-introduce their amazing bolster beds.  They were large, well made, and affordable.  I haven't seen them for awhile, but as soon as I do, I am buying up several.  We need a bolster bed, bc the dog bed is right at the foot of our bed (which sits low to the ground), and our last foster actually somehow or another managed to roll off her the dog bed and get stuck under our bed in the middle of the night.  We had to maneuver her so that I could grab her feet and pull her out.  It was not pleasant for anyone involved.  I purchased a bolster bed on Wayfair for around $75 because I had sticker shock with the nicer beds (Orvis, Mammoth, etc.). I totally regret that decision.  I wish I would have applied that $75 to a nicer bed and just ponied up the additional $$$$.  

Thx for the suggestions! 
We don’t need anything immediately but I want to replace an old bed from our other 2 that is just beat... the stuffing is just flattened. 

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

2 hours ago, smt said:

Which Mammoth bed do you have, LaFlaca?  Size, shape, orthopedic, cover material, etc.????

Large size works well for a Greyhound.  Canvas cover for sure. Tried a ‘pretty’ one made from some other material and my mad nester, Wendy, tore right through it. Orthopedic. Donut shape is great for dogs who curl up to sleep. Oblong works for both curlers and hounds who like to stretch out or roach at bedtime. 

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

2 hours ago, 2greyhoundMINI said:

Thx for the suggestions! 
We don’t need anything immediately but I want to replace an old bed from our other 2 that is just beat... the stuffing is just flattened. 

You can buy fiber fill at craft stores like Michaels to re-stuff your beds.  I have done it.  One bag goes very far.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

7 hours ago, smt said:

I REALLY WISH Costco would re-introduce their amazing bolster beds.  They were large, well made, and affordable.  I haven't seen them for awhile, but as soon as I do, I am buying up several.  We need a bolster bed, bc the dog bed is right at the foot of our bed (which sits low to the ground), and our last foster actually somehow or another managed to roll off her the dog bed and get stuck under our bed in the middle of the night.  We had to maneuver her so that I could grab her feet and pull her out.  It was not pleasant for anyone involved.  I purchased a bolster bed on Wayfair for around $75 because I had sticker shock with the nicer beds (Orvis, Mammoth, etc.). I totally regret that decision.  I wish I would have applied that $75 to a nicer bed and just ponied up the additional $$$$.  

We couldn't find them for months and then all of a sudden they showed up in our local COSTCO last January or February. I'm not sure what their timeframe is on certain seasonal products, but it seems like these only show up once or twice a year, and when they are gone, they are gone.  Also, you need to continually check each store in the area, as one may have them when the others do not. They never show up on the website. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

19 hours ago, LaFlaca said:

Large size works well for a Greyhound.  Canvas cover for sure. Tried a ‘pretty’ one made from some other material and my mad nester, Wendy, tore right through it. Orthopedic. Donut shape is great for dogs who curl up to sleep. Oblong works for both curlers and hounds who like to stretch out or roach at bedtime. 

Perfect.  Thanks.  That helps with analysis paralysis.

Sammy gives four paws up to Elaine's Pet Pillows beds. I give two thumbs up because they are 100% machine washable. He has an XL in my bedroom (that thing is HUGE and heavy) and a L in the living room. He's a digger, so I went with the stretchy fabric Elaine suggested and it has held up well for years.

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

Thank you all!