Bed recommendation

My boy Fireball has managed to kill his beloved slumber ball bed.  He is a major nester/digger.  I want to find something similar to his slumber ball but I need to get it quickly.  My girl Star (non digger) still has her slumber ball so I don't want that to become the one bed everyone likes best.  I see Victoria peak is no longer in business and I am not near a Costco so any suggestions much appreciated.  Help Fireball find a bed.   Thanks!

the costco beds have changed over the years. i just picked up two for a friend who boards, they are lighter, cheaper material, not as good as they were in the past. with out breaking the bank try marshall's, home goods and tj maxx. otherwise chewy and  overstock have a copy of a slumber ball. i have 2 slumber balls in one shell- the interior shell self destructed, one dog died and i just stuffed everything into one of the outer shells- then into the remaining shell. have you considered a large/x-large perla bed and comforters? most of the kennels in spain seem to use them. that is where i was going when the slumber balls exploded. then i was able to condense them.  https://www.cherrybrook.com/perla-bed-dark-green-base/

Sweep still loves her Bessie and Barnie bagel bed after many years. It's flattened some over time but she doesn't care, and it's withstood her nesting just as well as the slumber ball. They're not cheap, but Overstock is having a sale now: https://www.overstock.com/bessie-and-barnie-bagel-bed,Bagel,/k,type,/results.html?sort=Price Low - High She's 62 pounds and the Large (42") is more than big enough for her. I'd only caution that the shag cover is kind of a pain to put back on after washing because it gets caught in the zipper, so you might want to choose one of the non-shag options.

Edited by ramonaghan

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

One of the most loved and preferred by the campers beds here is one I found at Marshalls a few years ago. It's a bolster-type in a neutral tweed fabric with really substantial stuffing/cushion and it has withstood nesting very well. The only downside is that the cover isn't removable.

Edited by FiveRoooooers

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Grace's favourite is an old double bed thick quilt/eiderdown folded up to fit on top of her foam bed.

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

I've had one of our Mammoth bed for about 12 years now. It has survived two ferocious nesters.  We have the ones with the canvas covers.

https://www.mammothoutlet.com/

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

I've just ordered a second Cordaroy bed and found that they were on sale now.  The 40" is good for both my Greys.  https://cordaroys.com/collections/pet-beds/products/pet-bed?variant=1686584295444  The cover is made of heavy denim fabric that is standing up to 2 nesters very well--one bed has been in constant use for almost a year and is in great shape.  The covers are washable. They'll send extra stuffing for free after a recent order if you need to goose up the padding but I found them to be generous and comfortable.  

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.