Belly Band Struggles (Uri Doesn't Want Me To Share!)

Uri, age 13, has started leaking urine - not full accidents, just leakage when he sleeps. We're trying to manage it with Leaks No More drops and going outdoors every 3 hours for a pee, but overnights or longer stints, he still leaks. So we got a belly band and tried it yesterday and overnight for the first time.

Sadly -- and he's mortified of course that I'm sharing this publicly -- it seems that Uri's penis is not long enough to stay inside the band! I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if I'm not putting it on him properly. When I wrap it around his waist, sliding it as far back towards his rear as his legs will allow, the tip of his penis is barely enclosed, and after a bit of moving around, it pops right out. This happens no matter how I adjust the snugness on the band. Basically I feel like the band can't be slid any further backwards on him, yet it just can't hold the tip in.

Anyone else have this problem?

I wonder if a diaper or panties like girls wear would work better for him? (Sorry Uri.... :lol )

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Hmmm. Well, there are good belly bands and better belly bands, and probably lousy belly bands!

George wore one for years, and trust me, he was not well endowed!

I had mine custom made and asked the maker to use an elastic edge, like diapers, and it really helps.

Use a Tena overnight stick on pad, and that should be good!!

Otherwise, if he always sleeps and leaks in the same place, just use a hospital (fabric) pee catcher pad on his sleeping quarters!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Our big boy Ambi wears a belly band every night and he has no problems. I made his belly bands and put a big overnight Tena pad in. I wonder if your belly band is too narrow?

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Add a Tena pad, then try an ace bandage wrapping forward from the "hoohoo-escaping end".

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I use disposable belly bands called Vet's Best. The edges are very stretchy like an accordion almost and the adhesive they use is really sturdy. Weenie size isn't a factor :lol I order them on Amazon and my 55 pound guys use size medium.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Thanks all for the input! I tried on his sister's girl diapers but they fall/press back right on the tip of his weenie and I think that's probably not healthy.

I don't mind continually washing his bedding and it's not really enough to make it like he's sleeping in a puddle. Most of the pee ends up on his belly or the inside of his thighs, depending on how he is laying. So my goal is mostly to wick the urine away from his skin so it's not irritating him (and also requiring constant bathing).

That picture of the Vet's Best belly band is interesting - it looks like it reaches back behind the waist on the underside. I think that's what I need - the ones I have are a straight rectangle, but if they had a little flap that went backwards a bit on his underside, that might help. Maybe I can sew one on to help keep him covered.

If you're on Facebook, Carol Morris (lives in VA) made George's belly bands. I am not sure if she is still sewing, but she is a lovely lady and I bet she'd make you a George special!

I'd offer to send you one, but I think I've already sent all but one of them out to people in need and you never know! Buck might not always have a 14 hour bladder.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Uri, it happens to the best of 'em :wub:

Some belly bands are contoured. If you have one of those try switching up the orientation when you put it on him, that might help.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Hi again, I took some photos of Ambi in his belly band. Do you think this would work for Uri? I've also attached a photo with the flap pulled back for the pad.34480896_766104786919591_824325652276785

34447597_766104843586252_195093869033527

Ambi's penis ends just before where the tip of the kleenex is.

34463886_766104823586254_861026950120996

If this may help I'm willing to make you a couple. I can even contour the flap to go back further.

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Aw, Ambi is so cute and doesn't look thrilled to be in these pictures....although I must say, I think he's better endowed than Uri! :) lol

I'm a pretty handy sewer, so I think I need to add a contoured back flap onto the ones I got, or maybe try the Vet's Best one from Amazon, so something can reach back a bit more between his legs. Thank you very much for the offer though!

No problem! Good luck! and I thought Ambi was less-well endowed :)