Guest PackMomma

Guest PackMomma

Hi I just adopted my new hound today! So excited I have a busy active household so we have been waiting for the greyhound that would be able to handle us and we finally have her we adopted a 2 year old brindle female and got to bring her home today. She is joining a house with myself and my partner and 4 older children ranging in age from 18-11, we also have 2 other non greyhound dogs and 2 cats. So far so good she came in and has been a model citizen I couldn't have hoped for a better initial introduction to our home and our other pets have done good with her as well. Looking forward to making some connections here and continuing to learn more.

Hello and welcome from Portland, Oregon. Congratulations on your new girl and welcome to the greyhound fan club. You have quite the busy/full household. Hopefully your current dogs are showing her how to be a pet--where to potty, sleeping on the couch, begging for treats, chasing squirrels, etc.. What is her name? We would love to see a picture. And where are you located?

Edited by Scoutsmom

Congratulations. Welcome from Germany.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Welcome to you and your new girl. Hope her first night was relatively quiet and she met you this morning with wagging tail and bright, beautiful eyes.

Enjoy reading your way around GreyTalk and picking up info such as how to teach stairs, sticking things at hound-eye level on glass doors, and how to fight the dreaded Greyhound Gas. :)

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

:wave Hello and welcome from Maryland! Congratulations and enjoy your new girl!

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Guest PackMomma

Update: she has settled in quite nicely. The first night she was here she was having accidents she peed in her crate, and got the carpet too. I crated her overnight Sat. after a final bathroom turn out at 10pm and came down to a mess! She had peed and pooped in her crate and managed to smear it all over herself. I thought to myself we got the hound with the toilet habits from hell, lol. However she was good in every other area. She was good with our other dogs, good with the cats, learned the stairs in less than 10 min. Affectionate with all family members! So I scrubbed the crate, bathed the dog, did the laundry. And we played a bit. Then she hasn't had an accident since, I'm holding my breath, hoping this isn't too good to be true... oh and she absolutely loves the studies! She also enjoyed chewing on her new Nylabone.

Guest PackMomma

thanks to all for the warm welcome. I know I will have lots of questions. Love getting the seasoned advice from folks here