Thunder Shirt

Static was my first thought too. If she's food motivated, try giving plenty of treats when the Thundershirt comes out so she forms a positive association.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

:dunno

Perhaps she is not used to wearing coats ...

I have had great success with our Thunder Shirt on three different dogs....not all Greys.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

The thunder coat worked very well for Fuzzy. As he got older, he became thunder phobic. I lent it to my neighbor who's dog is now afraid of outside noises. She puts it on her dog when he goes out in the yard. Before the coat, she couldn't get him to stay outside long enough to make. Keep trying. It should work.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

i guess i got lucky this time, poppy doesn't mind loud bangy noises. she loves fireworks too & wants to sit and watch them as long as possible. thunder and lightning too. she loves the show especially at night and wants to go towards the flashy lights. my two greys however would run and hide whenever their was thunder or fireworks turned into quivering jelly (or jello for y'all back home). tried coats, tranqs, desensitisation, etc. no go. they'd go to the quietest room to quiver until it stopped. during the annual air show at the RAF airbase next door, they were fine. they ignored the jets, afterburner take-off noise and sonic booms directly over their heads at 500 ft...

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

Guest rferguson

The directions with my Thundershirt said to lay it on floor, put a treat in it, and fold it over a bit. Let the dog approach it and handle it to get the treat out.

ThunderShirt is about the only product I tout. In our house, we have two success stories with Disco and Deuce. Does it make them normal during a storm? No, of course not. But it does makes them less stressed. Disco used to hide behind Danger and pant and quiver. Now, most of the time, he flops on a bed and sleeps. Deuce used to jump on the sofa and pant uncontrollably, drool, and violently shake. Now, for the most part, she will just lay on the sofa, mildly pant, and look around.

However, do not just buy a TS, slap it on in the middle of a storm and expect a miracle.

Read the "training" or familiarization instructions that TS provides. I was absolutely adamant and consistent when we got the first one. I made sure Kevin did it too. Happy, sunshiny days, whip out the TS, give a treat and let Deuce and Disco wear it. 10 or 15 minutes later, remove the TS and give Deuce and Disco a treat. Happy times, fun times. :):yay:cheers:yay:) We did this many, many times, so much so that the other dogs no longer look for treats when we break out the TS's. They know they are not getting a treat, so there is no reason to get up from their beds.

Now when we hear a storm, we whip out the TS, put it on, give a treat, and go back to whatever we were doing. Today Deuce actually ate her dinner while wearing her TS, during a storm. :yay

However, there are still times when our storms are bad enough that all the dogs will react a bit. That is just life, we cannot plan for everything. When we are not at home and a storm hits, again, that's life, the dogs manage themselves. Kevin and I know the house is secure and safe to the best of our abilities and that is the most we can do.

This is a ThunderShirt:

ts_gray_copy_1.png

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****