Skye Update - That Pesky Vulva (& Anal Glands)

For anyone who has been following the vulva saga - or for anyone else just because seeing a thread title with the word vulva in it is always good for a laugh :P - Skye had her check up today after our visit last week and everything is looking great! Her vulva looks SO much better. There's some discoloration that I think is from the silver, which we're no longer using and there's still some redness where the rawness was, but it looks pretty much healed. We're keeping her on the Apoquel to give her plenty of time to have really healthy tissue there and I am still wiping her after walks and occasionally applying ointment if I think she needs it, but we're well on the right track, whoo hoo! :clap:yay

Vet also said anal glands are looking good. She had been licking a bit more the last couple of days so I started warm Epsom salt compresses and have been using her "panties" to keep her from licking, but the vet was pleased. We're going to do another week of antibiotics to be safe, but hopefully that's taken care of as well.

Nice to have a positive update for a change so just thought I'd share. :colgate

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Yay!! We've been having our first experience with Apoquel as well and it works beautifully without the side effects of steroids. Really happy that Skye is so much better.

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

"Her vulva looks SO much better. " - words you never want to see in your internet history. :rotfl

Good to hear that Skye is doing better.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

"Her vulva looks SO much better. " - words you never want to see in your internet history. :rotfl

Good to hear that Skye is doing better.

:lol I knew someone would appreciate my post. :P

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

:lol I knew someone warped would appreciate my post. :P

Fixed that for ya.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Fixed that for ya.

:rofl