Hi!

Guest grighund

Guest grighund

hi everyone! i joined this forum to get a better idea on what greyhounds are like, as i intend to bring one into my life soonish and have pretty much no experience with them besides what i've read and attending the occasional meet and greet in front of petsmart. nice to meet y'all! 8)

Welcome from Upstate New York. Let me be the first to suggest reading the book "Greyhounds for Dummies," and other books and web sites about Greyhounds. A warning: You will fall in love and become part of a cult that adores our houndies.

Guest grighund

Welcome from Upstate New York. Let me be the first to suggest reading the book "Greyhounds for Dummies," and other books and web sites about Greyhounds. A warning: You will fall in love and become part of a cult that adores our houndies.

thank you for the rec! and i'm already pretty excited about them, haha. it'll definitely be a different experience from the goldens i grew up with!

Welcome!! You'll love this forum! It's a great community of people who are experts at calming nervous new owners (myself included) who freak out over every little cut and scrape and mood swing.

Let us know when you get your pup because we love pictures. :flip

popos_zpsgq0lbak1.png

Guest grighund

Hi and welcome to gt! Y'all must be from the south - oklahoma here-- post often; you'll find friends here :)

i hope so! this looks like a really cool community. and i'm from florida, which is only debatably southern. but everyone around my area uses y'all anyway!

Welcome!! You'll love this forum! It's a great community of people who are experts at calming nervous new owners (myself included) who freak out over every little cut and scrape and mood swing.

Let us know when you get your pup because we love pictures. :flip

i might be able to provide pics before i even get the dog, actually! i intend to volunteer with a local greyhound adoption group so that i'll have some hands on experience/have more of a chance to find the perfect dog for me, and there's no way that i won't be taking bunches of photos, haha.

Welcome from Germany. I once thought that I had found the perfect hound but than I found another one and another one. All of them are special and together they are the perfect pack.😆

Edited by smurfette

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Adding our welcome.

i intend to volunteer with a local greyhound adoption group so that i'll have some hands on experience/have more of a chance to find the perfect dog for me

Very smart! Except you'll want to take almost all of them home with you. :) And just remember -- a hound's personality will keep changing as it gets used to life as a pet instead of a working racer.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Guest grighund

Adding our welcome.

Very smart! Except you'll want to take almost all of them home with you. :) And just remember -- a hound's personality will keep changing as it gets used to life as a pet instead of a working racer.

ahaha, yeah. i used to volunteer at an animal shelter and definitely know the struggle of wanting to take them all home with me. why are dogs so cute. :flip

thank you for all of your welcomes, this seems like such a lovely forum. i can't wait to join y'all in dog ownership!

:wave Hi and welcome from Maryland! This is a great forum, you will learn a lot and meet some wonderful people and their hounds!

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

• 2 weeks later...

She ain't kiddin' about the 'cult'!! I had my grey Cody for almost 9 years, she's been gone now 11 years, have not gotten another grey BUT... I still go to the local greyhound events & have stayed on here because... you NEVER get out of the greyhound cult!!! (Nor would most of us want to...)

And we DO love pictures!! It's in the RULEZ!! :rules

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge