Shaking For No Apparent Reason

My Iker will shake like crazy for no apparent reason. I can never detect a reason. He's doing it now. The shaking seems to be concentrated on the front half of his body. It can be so severe that I can hear his teeth chatter. I've been wondering if it's possible that he could have suffered neurological damage, as he survived hanging (he's a Galgo). My vet is unconcerned. Does anybody have any thoughts or comments? Thanks.

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Is there any rosemary in his food?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Is there any rosemary in his food?

I didn't know about the rosemary thing, but if that's a concern it's also in a lot of fish oils, particularly the human grade ones.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Uber does this. For him it typically means he has an upset tummy, but he will also do it when he's in pain for any reason (teeth, back, legs...)

I'd be concerned with your vet's lack of concern. If he's in pain, the vet should at least check his soundness.

Sending scritches to Iker.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

When mine did it, it's because their neck/spine hurt. They were basically afraid to move.

My friend's dog was recently doing this and she was diagnosed with LS.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest AtticusMom

I would video it next time if you can to show your vet.

Yes, I think this is a great idea. I have observed a shake/"tremor" type of appearance in a couple of my greys, too. For them, it was bad neck/shoulder pain.