16 Hours And Counting Without Peeing

Guest ShelbysMom

Guest ShelbysMom

What do I need to know? When should I be ultra worried.

Brandi is 3.5 year old female. Longest she's gone before is 13 hours.

Our male Galgo semi-regularly goes 14 hours between pee breaks.

Hopefully she goes soon!

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Guest ShelbysMom

I called the vet and spoke to her a few minutes. She doesn't seem too concerned. She told me to watch her food and water intact though. If either decrease dramatically, then go to the e-vet tonight. Otherwise I'm to call her in the morning and give her an update.

We are now at 19 hours.

Are you sure you didn't miss her peeing? I have on occasion taken my dogs out to potty before bed and missed Skye peeing because I was watching Zuri pee and Skye doesn't take as long. What followed was me getting incresingly aggravated until I realized I probably just missed her going. :P

Edited by NeylasMom

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Is it raining? My guys went that long without peeing during rain. I have a dog door and they often go 12+ without peeing. Long trotted out story of min is that dogs only drink when they are truly thirsty as opposed to humans that drink for caffeine, alcohol and/or social reasons.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Guest ShelbysMom

Is it raining? My guys went that long without peeing during rain. I have a dog door and they often go 12+ without peeing. Long trotted out story of min is that dogs only drink when they are truly thirsty as opposed to humans that drink for caffeine, alcohol and/or social reasons.

Nope, it's not raining....sunny, and beautiful.

watch and wait, dogs bladders can amaze us. one christmas decades agoi got stuck out in nj and didn't make it back until the next day, so that was all of christmas day and night.....and a 3 hr trip early in the morning...and the house was dry. trust me, i haven't done this again.

I'm happy she peed!

My Heidi held get bladder for over 30 hours because it was raining and she didn't like the rain. We went to the vet thinking she had another UTI. All was fine and they laughed when she peed on their dry lawn while I was writing a check.

We try not to let them go that long, but you can't force them to go if they don't want to.

Christine- Mum to Betty (Nitro Ugly Betty), Hannah (Rj Have I Told U) and missing Heidi (Sendahl Eve) 04/21/2005-06/19/2013

Guest ShelbysMom

Visited the vet this morning just in case. The thought is she may not be drinking enough. Not dehydrated, but still not well hydrated either. We started her on hotdog water today....she has certainly been drinking more doing that.

Guest ShelbysMom

Hotdog water ? What is that and how do you make it ?

Boil hot dogs in water, remove the hot dogs, let the water cool, then give to your doggie instead of plain water. You can also get no salt added chicken or beef broth to add to water instead.

Guest Loves4Greyz

We had a girl with a watermelon sized bladder. She didn't like rain and once held it for 26 hours. But what is hotdog water...water after you cook hot dogs?