Where To Order Calendar

Trudy

2016 Calendar  

19 members have voted

1. 1. where to create/order/purchase

• MyCanvas
    • Walmart

Ok, in years past, we have done MyCanvas for calendars. Beautiful quality calendars.

I spent about 30 mins tonight looking for another option again before I started getting too much into creating the 2016 calendar. Most other places were similar in price to MyCanvas without the benefits of what I can do with the layouts.

But, Walmart has made some changes to their calendars.

So here is the option and where you all come in to make a decision on this.

Walmart or MyCanvas

MyCanvas

• we have used them since I started doing the calendar and they are beautiful calendars
  • they don't ship to Canada
  • calendar is 19.95, but you can often find a 20% off coupon
  • shipping is $$ (shipping to AL is almost $10)
  • the image below is a sample of the images for the month - notice the black background covers the entire page

post-786-0-58823300-1448759278_thumb.png

post-786-0-35192800-1448759286.png

Walmart

• I have not made a calendar with Walmart, so no clue of the quality of paper the calendar is printed on - if anybody has, I'd like to hear from you
  • if there is a walmart near you, you can pick up locally or have them ship to you directly
  • calendar is $12
  • shipping seems to be free for in store printing, ship to store and even ship to home
  • the image below is a sample of a cover (not the cover photo, i just stuck one in as a sample - I can't get the text where I normally put it) - notice where the black background extends to

post-786-0-46684200-1448759295_thumb.png

post-786-0-24619800-1448759301_thumb.png

I haven't ordered a calendar since the 2013 one, so I will leave this up to you all. I've stuck with MyCanvas due to what they allow me to do with layouts and the quality of the calendar.

But now there is a cheaper option where I still have layout options and the ability to put images in the dates. But I have no clue of the quality

I am no fan of Walmart, but My Canvas is too expensive in my humble opinion. I voted Wallys.

same thing here..

plus I just wanted to say that I don't think that wallmart will ship to canada either since you are making it on a .com and no a .ca web site..

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Our first greyhound, Tuffy: You will always be there with us my angel!
Tuffy greyhound-data
Otis greyhound-data Abbey greyhound-data
"When you open your minds to the impossible, sometimes you find the truth." W.Bishop

I already have ordered from photobucket, which does ship to Canada (I know this isn't the issue here) but great quality and all. Quite expensive however, but as you can see (https://secure.photobucket.com/print/calendars) there are promotional sales going on. I have no idea if you can do it the way you did it other years. Or if it is just a one time order. Anyway. Photobucket and Shutterfly does ship to Canada. There I said it :)

Any one you choose (wal-mart or MyCanvas), I would order one. We can try Wally's as a group and if this year really doesn't work quality wise, you can always go back next year to MyCanvas?

23786382928_141eff29e1.jpg
Cynthia, with Charlie (Britishlionheart) & Zorro el Galgo
Captain Jack (Check my Spots), my first love

I voted for MyCanvas. The shipping is wacky expensive, but the quality is really good. I have this year's calendar up on my fridge and like that I can write on it without it bleeding through the pages.

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

I don't think Walmart in the U.S. ships to Canada, but I would still vote Walmart personally because of the cost + exchange rate + shipping and all the other stuff I have to pay. Not so sure of the quality, I have never made a calendar through Walmart.

I vote for MyCanvas. Their quality has been really good and Walmart's quality is unknown. (Plus not all of us are close to a Walmart).

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

I voted MyCanvas. Walmart's quality is too big of a question mark for me (and there are a lot of discouraging reviews online), and I think you get what you pay for. If a third option is on the table, Shutterfly has really impressed me quality-wise, they offer a ton of layouts (including the ability to add photos in date boxes), and they always have sales/promo codes available.

53827132849_248d9686fd_o.jpg

Rachel with Doolin Doodle Dooooo, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our gorgeous, gutsy girlhounds
 Sweep and Willa:heart

Guest DarkHorse

We've seen a Canadian WalMart calendar once. It's not bad quality, but pretty average, run-of-the-mill. Not sure if the US quality is different, or what the MyCanvas quality is like. I would compare the WalMart calendar to the small 8x8 ones you can get from Costco and the like.

I voted MyCanvas. Walmart's quality is too big of a question mark for me (and there are a lot of discouraging reviews online), and I think you get what you pay for. If a third option is on the table, Shutterfly has really impressed me quality-wise, they offer a ton of layouts (including the ability to add photos in date boxes), and they always have sales/promo codes available.

I voted for Walmart because when money is tight my vote goes to the cheaper one... but I second the Shutterfly idea. I have a calendar from them and it is stunning, with very thick pages.

jakesigsmall_zps254e191c.jpg

Photographer in Phoenix, AZ www.northmountainphoto.com

There will be 2 calendars, one through MyCanvas and one through Walmart

The MyCanvas one is ready to order.

I still have to create the Walmart one - it will likely have some differences when I make it

The walmart one is now ready as well.

There are threads for each place to order in the Calendar forum