Hello From Richmond, Va!

Guest HighFive

Guest HighFive

Puddy (known is his former life as Smokin' Bobby) came into our lives about 3 weeks ago. Although he prefers to be addressed by his fancy name, "Pudsworth," he will also answer to his full name, "Mr. David Puddy." For any Seinfeld fans out there, you'd probably understand why we named him Puddy if you met him. He is a headstrong fellow of few words, but also quite charming and handsome- much like his namesake. I have yet to see if he has a penchant for Arby's.

A little about Pudsworth:

• he is about 3 years old and hails from Florida
  • he must have known his destiny was to lay on a sofa and watch Wheel of Fortune, because he did not take his time as a racer too seriously. He knew bigger and better things awaited him, which may explain his abbreviated 6-race career.
  • he has an orthopedic bed for every 300 square feet of living space (and would be open to any proposals to turn the rest of the apartment into one giant bed)
  • he enjoys chasing squirrels, often selecting the most inconvenient or inappropriate times to do so
  • he is pretty sure the following are monsters who will eat him: garbage trucks, tin foil, trash bags, balloons, the hair dryer, and bicycles
  • he loves provolone cheese
  • he prefers to take the high notes during family rooing sessions
  • he likes pretty much everyone he meets and can mind-control anyone into petting him
  • his current record for kibble stacked on his head: 6

My husband and I are over the moon about having this funny, clever, sweet, gentle, stubborn, quirky gentleman in our lives. I'm looking forward to seeing his personality bloom as he becomes more comfortable being part of our family. Even though it was only three weeks ago, it's hard to imagine a time without him. We feel fortunate to be able to give Puddy his forever home.

So without further ado......PUDDY!

pud11.jpg

pud12.jpg

pud13.jpg

Guest sireltonsmom

Welcome Puddy and High Five. He's gorgeous - I have a white and black girl and I think they're just fabulous looking. He sounds like a real love and it's fun to see how in love you are already - it gets even better! Some of the doggies learn early to get on to the good life in a forever home. Congratulations on getting him and we wish you many many years of fun and laughs with him!

:ghplaybow Beau :gh_runner Mindy

Welcome to the wonderful cult ... um... world that is greyhounds!! My Cody was afraid of balloons & trash bags too! She was a therapy dog at nursing homes & I always knew when there was a balloon in the room - she's come backing out FAST!! Uh-oh... balloon monster in that room!!

Hate to say it, but she never got over that one!! :bgeorge

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

I remember the Seinfeld pups!! He's a looker, for sure. :)

ETA: Just read again and saw that you renamed him Puddy. There was a litter of all Seinfeld characters, though, including Art Vandelay, Bob Sacamano, Izzy Mandelbaum, Nanna Seinfeld, Jacopo Peterman, Rebecca Demornay, and Uncle Leo. Here is the other David Puddy.

Edited by a_daerr

Welcome to the cult club and welcome to GT! From your description, it sounds as if you have been schooled well and take direction (from Puddy) well, too! A year from now you will be amazed at how much you have learned and you can give all the credit to Puddy!

He sure is a handsome dude and smart, too! Come back often and post lots of photos.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Welcome from Ohio. Sounds like Puddy has you wrapped around his paw & has trained you well in his 3 weeks with you.

Life only gets better from here. Enjoy that handsome man every single minute!

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

Welcome! He's a handsome pup. May I ask what group you adopted from? Only asking because I recently helped out at an adoption event in Stafford county recently.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

:wave Welcome to GT and congrats on your very handsome boy! Sounds like he landed in the perfect home.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest HighFive

Thank you for such a warm welcome!! I'm sure Puddy would be blushing if I read him your kind comments (and if he could blush).

I know you all have a lot of experience and insight (and great stories!) that I can learn from and I'm looking forward to becoming part of the cult club. :)

Schultzlc: YES! Puddy came to us through the good people at JRG. I saw your great pictures of the lovely Nova and recognized her as one of Pud's haul-mates! What a sweet face...it looks like she's already loving retired life,

MauCarden: Pud was adopted from James River Greyhounds. Is this the group you work with?

DesiRayMom and Duncan41: You are absolutely right! Puddy probably only lets us think we run the show, but he knows better. But he's an super dog, so it's hard to feel guilty about spoiling him when it's well deserved!

a_daerr: WOW! Thank you for finding and sharing this! My husband and I had a good laugh over this. I think you've inspired us- our next hound may very well be an Art Vandelay.

ozgirl2: Too funny! You said Cody was a therapy dog...that's wonderful! May I ask how you went about certifying her and if you both enjoyed the experience? I work in a hospital and we have a great therapy dog program called Dogs on Call and I'm hoping to get the PudMan involved if he shows the temperament for it. What was it about Cody that convinced you she had a future as a therapy dog?

Looking forward to seeing you all around GT. Thanks again for your hospitality!

Schultzlc: YES! Puddy came to us through the good people at JRG. I saw your great pictures of the lovely Nova and recognized her as one of Pud's haul-mates! What a sweet face...it looks like she's already loving retired life,

I thought I had recognized his photo from the website. He sure is a looker! I adopted both of my girls from JRG, Luna three years ago and Nova just this past month. Hopefully I'll see you and Puddy an event sometime!

Laura, mom to Luna (Boc's Duchess) and Nova (Atascocita Venus).
Forever in my heart, Phantom (Tequila Nights) and Zippy (Iruska Monte).

Guest HighFive

I thought I had recognized his photo from the website. He sure is a looker! I adopted both of my girls from JRG, Luna three years ago and Nova just this past month. Hopefully I'll see you and Puddy an event sometime!

Definitely! Looking forward to meeting you, Luna, and Nova in the future. Though...I suppose it would be more of a reunion for Nova and Puddy. :)

Will you all be doing the Easter parade on Monument?

• 3 weeks later...

Oh my goodness, Puddy is so handsome! What a gorgeous cowdoggie you have!! I am a sucker for the cowdoggies. :beatheart

Greetings from Florida!! :welcome2

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

ozgirl2: Too funny! You said Cody was a therapy dog...that's wonderful! May I ask how you went about certifying her and if you both enjoyed the experience? I work in a hospital and we have a great therapy dog program called Dogs on Call and I'm hoping to get the PudMan involved if he shows the temperament for it. What was it about Cody that convinced you she had a future as a therapy dog?

Looking forward to seeing you all around GT. Thanks again for your hospitality!

My dad was in an assisted living place & I wanted to take her to visit him so I joined Pets on Wheels here in MD. Had to take her to their recommended vet for a check-up and they did an evaluation (to make sure she wouldn't spook at wheelchairs, walkers, etc) and that was it!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge