I Miss My Buddy (Zero)

greydad92

We have all been there. All that love you gave to Zero every day feels like it has no place to go. Time will lessen the ache, you will always love him, and you might bring a new pup home to share that love with. Sending lots of hugs.

I agree with the idea of bringing a new pup home. Our beautiful Robin passed away in November and I still tear up every day thinking about him. The emptiness I felt after losing him was terrible. We still had our Toby, but even he was kind of "blah" after Robin left us. I knew we had space in our home and lots of love to give. And then our local adoption group got a shrimpy little cowdog in that was looking for a home after being pulled from--let's just say--less than ideal conditions. So I figured, 'why not?'. And I'm glad I did. It is so nice to be able to have a little happiness back instead of all that grieving. No dog would ever replace Zero, but if there's room in your heart to love another one, I would definitely recommend doing it. Hugs to you. I know exactly how you feel. :grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

So very sorry for your loss.

Remember the good times.....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Hi All,

Thanks again for all the kind words and suggestions. I think it will be a while before I get another dog. I'm just too emotional right now so soon after Zero's passing over three weeks ago. The time has passed so quickly. As I've said in previous posts, I still feel him in my heart and the other night heard him whining. I'm sure that was him at "the bridge" saying 'hey, what are you doing down there.....come join the fun'. What a good boy. I'm so proud of him.

Sincerely,

Tony

Image removed, not within the GreyTalk signature guidelines of <15 KB file size limit. The image removed was 29.08 KB (29,782 bytes) file size.

I too know your pain. Our Opie went to the Bridge in December, and I still cry. Something will happen, I will look at a picture, have a memory - and there come the tears. I was told by many to get another right away, someone to love who needed a home, DH was lost, didn't know what to do with himself. I told myself maybe in 4-5 months, after I had time to grieve, to adjust. That Opie would send someone our way. And 2 weeks later we got a phone call from the adoption coordinator, that a hound was available, was actually dog of the month, and she felt so strongly that he was meant to be ours, I was against it, it was too soon, but DH so wanted to go see him. Well I think you know the ending, we went to see him, "just to look", and our Toley came home with us the next week. I just knew he was sent by our Opie, why else would he have appeared so soon in our lives, and the adoption person so certain this was the one.

I still talk to Opie, just like he is here. His picture, ashes and muzzle are in the living room, and I talk to him.

Nobody but you can know when and if you are ready to have another hound, but I can tell you I said no, but getting Toley was the best. He helped us heal, and we gave him a needed home, for his 4th birthday.

I hope you start having more "up" days than "down". Zero will forever be in your heart, that you will never lose.

Mom to Toley (Astascocita Toley) DOB 1/12/09, and Bridge Angel Opie (Wine Sips Away) 3/14/03-12/29/12

I too know your pain. Our Opie went to the Bridge in December, and I still cry. Something will happen, I will look at a picture, have a memory - and there come the tears. I was told by many to get another right away, someone to love who needed a home, DH was lost, didn't know what to do with himself. I told myself maybe in 4-5 months, after I had time to grieve, to adjust. That Opie would send someone our way. And 2 weeks later we got a phone call from the adoption coordinator, that a hound was available, was actually dog of the month, and she felt so strongly that he was meant to be ours, I was against it, it was too soon, but DH so wanted to go see him. Well I think you know the ending, we went to see him, "just to look", and our Toley came home with us the next week. I just knew he was sent by our Opie, why else would he have appeared so soon in our lives, and the adoption person so certain this was the one.

I still talk to Opie, just like he is here. His picture, ashes and muzzle are in the living room, and I talk to him.

Nobody but you can know when and if you are ready to have another hound, but I can tell you I said no, but getting Toley was the best. He helped us heal, and we gave him a needed home, for his 4th birthday.

I hope you start having more "up" days than "down". Zero will forever be in your heart, that you will never lose.

Thank so much for your heartfelt message. You were sweet to send that. Best of luck with Toley. I miss Zero so much. His bed is still next to mine with his stuffies & collar. I know he's there.

Image removed, not within the GreyTalk signature guidelines of <15 KB file size limit. The image removed was 29.08 KB (29,782 bytes) file size.

I think it's normal to feel down after such a huge loss. I still miss all of my dogs. I talk to them and I like to think that they are hanging out at the bridge with my dad. Give yourself the time you need. I didn't adopt another dog for four years after Beansy passed away; emotionally it was just too difficult.

9669684171_48145c5157.jpg

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I love this!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I think it's normal to feel down after such a huge loss. I still miss all of my dogs. I talk to them and I like to think that they are hanging out at the bridge with my dad. Give yourself the time you need. I didn't adopt another dog for four years after Beansy passed away; emotionally it was just too difficult.

Just beautiful.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

OK, that made me cry, too! :weep

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France