Waiting For Our Greyhounds And So Excited (And Maybe A Little Obsessed

Guest psdirector

Guest psdirector

Greetings from central Ohio! My husband and I are empty-nesters who are waiting for our first greyhounds to come home to us. We want to adopt two and we've applied to Team Greyhound of Ohio. We were told that we might be getting our dogs in late February/ early March. We need a pair who are cat-safe out of courtesy to our resident cats, Samantha and Taye. Up to this point (with the exception of Samantha) our pets have consisted of cats, fish and even a ball python (still in residence) that college-aged or twenty-something children have asked us to watch "for just a couple of weeks" due to a move or whatever and who never were retrieved - and to be fair, we bonded with all of them (even Monty Python) and wouldn't have returned them anyway! Our greyhounds are the first pets WE get to choose - or who may choose us - hurray! We both had dogs growing up and we have both wanted to adopt greyhounds for a long time.

While we are waiting, we have purchased crates and some toys and we have beds on order - we want to have everything ready for our pups. We've read the books and we've done lots of research. Right now we have to satisfy ourselves with reading this website and going to a meet and greet this weekend to get our greyhound fix!

Smiles,

Pat

Welcome from Indiana! I can't wait to see pics of your houndies!!!!! My husband and I are also waiting for our first hound. I've been stalking the hounds of GreyTalk for close to a year now. Good luck and I can't wait to see them! Are you getting girls, boys or 1 of each?

:wave Welcome to GT! Nice that you're getting two at the same time. Can't wait to see them!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest iclarkz

I am waiting (will get our hound next week) and obsessing as well! We found a lovely black almost-four-year-old girl who we are naming Evie. She is in foster, and I'll be going to get her next Monday. We are slowly accumulating stuff as well, and are waiting excitedly for her coat and belly warmer from Voyager. We currently have one mixed breed dog (12 yrs) and one kid (9 yrs).

So, you aren't waiting alone!

P.S. I think I've read about every dog behavior problem and health issue known to veterinary science on this site, so if she is at all normal it seem like a piece of cake!

Guest Doggone

I'm another (im)patiently waiting soon-to-be-adopter :). In the meantime, I too, am getting ready by reading all the GH books, going on this site, and occasionally dropping by Meet & Greets. I know it'll happen, when the right dog comes along, but the waiting IS hard! :(

Guest bayhorse

Oh the waiting.......I just found out who my possible match could be!! I hope we can all bring this 'waiting' to an end soon!

~ Still obsessing with you all till then.

Guest undergreysspell

Good luck on finding your perfect pups. It's so wonderful to see so many people waiting on dogs and I look forward to seeing pictures once you adopt them!

Welcome from NY!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

How exciting for you guys!! Can't wait to hear more about them (and of course, see pics of them) once they arrive!

And welcome to GT!! :welcome2

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I know what it's like having to wait as we had to wait for three months! The time seems to go slowly! Being prepared by reading books and reading things from this forum have helped me a lot.

Good luck and look forward to seeing them!

:wave

from Ontario, to everyone who is patiently waiting.

It wil be worth the wait!!!!

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Congrats, and welcome from NW Arkansas - and don't feel bad about being a little obsessed, I'm picking up my first greyhound on Monday after a wait of two weeks (since meeting her, though three since I learned my application had been accepted, and 3 years since I started considering a dog!) and she's just about all I can think of! I'm sure you guys are doing fine :D

Guest FreeholdHound

I thought we'd have a 3 wk wait- but we got Harry 10 days after dropping off the application & meeting him. Thank God supplies all arrived the day before we were to pick him up. I was a nutcase!!

Welcome from NJ . I love "Monty" Python - that cracked me up!!