Just Noticed This, Is It Normal?

Guest DeniseL

Guest DeniseL

I'm a little nervous. When I took my boy out for his last pee before I left for work this morning, I noticed a large bulbus on either side of the base of his man part. I happened to be standing below him on the steps looking up. It is not an angle I get often, so I didn't know if he always looked like this, but I really don't think so... I have attached pictures, but these I took when I came back in and it looked much smaller then. The swollen portion near the base was about twice the size. It is in the 20's here in PA, so maybe the cold had something to do with it. I might be over reacting, but I just never noticed it swollen at the base before. And it was quite large when I first noticed it. He has been urinating normally, but I did notice last night he was drinking more water than normal. Otherwise he seems himself. My DH says he has been licking a lot, but I haven't noticed it.

I have been calling my vet ever other day for some reason or another. I just thought I would bounce it off of some of you before I called again.

Granted this is the first male dog I have had, so I am not too experienced with this particular, um, area. :)

I wish I could have snapped a picture before, but I didn't have my phone out with me...

Thank you so much, I always get the helpful info here :)

IMAG1474.jpgIMAG1475.jpg

There was a whole thread about this topic a while back. It just means he's happy to see you...very happy to see you.

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest DeniseL

I'm an idiot. I deleted the phots on my photobucket cause I thought it was weird to have pics of my boys thing on there. Of course now they are no longer on this post. duh.

Anyhoo, I read the olive thread. That appears about right. :hehe

This adoption has certain;ly been a learning experience!! :)

It was fun to read the old thread. :lol I'd forgotten all the terms used...hoo hoo, hee hee, twig and berries, etc. :lol

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

I remember noticing this for the first time when we got Elliott - I figured that since he was "fixed" he wouldn't have anything going on down there, but I scoured the internet (since I was not a GT member at the time) and got the answer - glad I didn't rush him to the vet :-P

Theresa (Tess)

Mom to Elliott (Sol Flasher) and Lea (PTL Lea)

I had to go back and re-read the olives thread. I have only ever had girls (by chance) so this horrified me :rofl

Copper not only gets the olives but will lick and start to hump his mouth. He gets all curled up in a ball and goes at it.

I'm pretty sure I'll stick with the girls now :hehe

Missing my bridge greys Opal and Eden and cat Bailey. Mom to Missy the Super Mutt and recent foster failure of Miley to mini-mutt.

I had to go back and re-read the olives thread. I have only ever had girls (by chance) so this horrified me :rofl

Copper not only gets the olives but will lick and start to hump his mouth. He gets all curled up in a ball and goes at it.

I'm pretty sure I'll stick with the girls now :hehe

That was, um, an interesting read. Now I know everything I need to know about olives. I think I, too, will stick with the girls now, OpalsMom.

Qui me amat, amet et canes meas...et felem.

Olivia (RDs Merrygoround, b. 4/6/07, Gotcha 12/19/11

Chloe (PAR Candice, b. 5/22/08, Gotcha 12/18/12)