First The Back End, Now The Front End

Just chimming in here. Pain, Tramadol and pred--each one of those thing could be responsible for his current clinical signs.

Personally, I would get him to a vet where they can access him carefully and perhaps tweak his meds. If he is truly in that much pain he may need to be admitted so he may be placed on a IV drip of pain meds (CRI) or at least receive injections (I'm thinking hydromorphine at this point).

Keep us pointed ok?

If you give him the Pepcid and wait about 30 minutes, should be ok to get his pills into him. And a bonus if he'll eat at any point after that, even if it's just a cookie. :)

Come on big guy, help your mom out a little!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Kristin said just what I was going to -- if you can get the Pepcid down, you can give other meds in a bit if you feel you should.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Yep, 10mg. You could use 20 but 10 is usually enough.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

It was eight 10 mg for $5.99 or 25 20 mg for $9.99 and I have a pill splitter. He had 10 mg. and I'm going to try and get the rest of the pills in him. Bought a couple of Little Ceasers. Those and their feline counterpart Sheba seem to charm most four pawed beings into eating.

Vet report said:

"Attitude painful, Abdobmen tense, pain in lower thoracic region of spine". It says "O has a referral in process to center on Trinity Mills. Opined that Buddy needs further imaging, blood testing and UA. Vomiting may be due to GI upset from corticosteriod, liver disease or reaction to pain. O does not wish to consider hydromorophone due to previous experience with another greyhound. Suggested strong anti-emetic then administer tramadol for pain."

Asked my vet if we should come to them for labs or just try to go straight to DVSC. :dunno

I am so sorry that I have two threads running at once and will not post in Soap Box anymore. That $102.50 shot just sort of waylaid me. :blush

Edited by Hubcitypam
gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

How are Buddy and you this morning?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Glad he is eating something at least and not throwing up anymore.

i use Raw Hamburger for making Pill-meat-balls for Lazer - he gobbles them up!

good luck!

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

Glad he's eating...hope the trembling has gone away too! :goodluck

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Well, he's taken a page out of Codys book and is now refusing the Velveeta as well as canned food. I'm just having to pill him with the pepcid, tramadol and pred, which I hate to do. He won't take pill pockets or hamburger. As of yesterday and today all he'll eat is a milk bone, maybe a cup full of plain kibble per meal and a few people oatmeal cookies I was going to toss out.

We went down to 1/2 pred on New Years day. Still since 7 a.m. this morning he has downed almost 6 quarts of water - he seems to be more thirsty, not less. Tomorrow can't get here soon enough.

He is sleeping OK now and think that we are just going to wait out the next 24 hours until the neuro. I have to go out and will bring back a deli chicken and see if he'll eat some skinless meat. His mother also needs some sustanance at this point - I haven't really eaten (or slept) in a couple of days except for some peanut butter crackers.