Hailey's Kidneys Are Failing---She's Only 8 :(

I cannot tell you how happy I am to see this update! And I think I know just how you feel.

And she's definitely back to her old self---I've never been so happy to come home to a living room littered with stuffy guts and chewed-up ballpoint pens :lol

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot tell you how happy I am to see this update! And I think I know just how you feel.

And she's definitely back to her old self---I've never been so happy to come home to a living room littered with stuffy guts and chewed-up ballpoint pens :lol

Yay! This is such great news! :yay

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

glad to hear she's doing better! :yay :yay

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Greyt news! Happy to hear she's feeling better :-). I do have to agree with your vet about the sq fluids-you couldn't possibly get enough into a hound to make a difference--when you consider a average sized chat should get 300mls a day just imagine how many mls a hound would need? Anyway, so glad she's feeling better!

many hugs and good thoughts heading your way.

Our Duke's Kidneys are not good either. but in a different way.

he has very high blood pressure. and his kindeys will fail. it is just a matter of time

His kidneys never "grew" with him so they ae the size of a puppy's

so we are giving him BP meds to help keep the blood pressure down to ward of the failure a bit to give us

time with him

he is only 4

we did have a dalmation years ago that died of Kidney failure. she was 9

we always try to do what is best for our babies. good luck and hope for the best.

Tammy

In loving Memory of: 

Chip, Wendell, Tessa, Moose, Moody, Noble Storm, Thunder, Gracie, Duke

many hugs and good thoughts heading your way.

Our Duke's Kidneys are not good either. but in a different way.

he has very high blood pressure. and his kindeys will fail. it is just a matter of time

His kidneys never "grew" with him so they ae the size of a puppy's

so we are giving him BP meds to help keep the blood pressure down to ward of the failure a bit to give us

time with him

he is only 4

we did have a dalmation years ago that died of Kidney failure. she was 9

we always try to do what is best for our babies. good luck and hope for the best.

Tammy

Oh, no, I'm so sorry about Duke :(:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers