Welcome Home J J!

antisense

He's home!

He is so tall that even in his 32" tall crate, he hits his head a lot and has to bend his neck when he sits. He's only been home for about 8 hours, but so far we've discovered that he looooves his squeaky toy. He is also very interested in squirrels. He mouth also leaks when he drinks and he probably gets more water on the floor than down his throat. He also pees on his own foot. Despite this, he's still pretty friggin' adorable.

gR4mMh.jpg

Also, very cool... they gave us his bertillon card. I was not expecting that! Only 2 dark nails!

gCEjRh.jpg

He still won't poop though. He sniffs around but just doesn't seem to be inspired when we take him out.

Edited by antisense

He's gorgeous! I love those big, brindle boys.

Boon didn't go for about a day and a half after we got him. I was worried, but the group said that happens. Cully's right--he'll go when he needs to.

Congratulations! Next time we're in Kingston (and yes, we go out there several times a year), I'll try to see if you're up for a walk or something. VERY handsome boy you have there! And yup, I would expect receipt of the Bertillon card -- you should also have his NGA certificate and any medical paperwork from his last track vaccinations plus any vaccinations/neutering/dental done by your group's Canadian vet.

ETA: I just looked up his tattoos. Love his name, "Jammin Jock".

Edited by OwnedBySummer

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

Congrats! He's handsome! We're in Lindsay which is kind of nearby. We'll be in Kingston the last weekend of October. Maybe we can meet up!

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

Welcome home, JJ!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

:yay

He's home!!!!

Let us know when you want a play date!!!

Hope to see you at Planet Day!

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Guest ladyhound

He pooped today! Ha... I never thought I'd be so happy over dog poop. Wasn't very pretty to pick up. Used 2 bags and still left an embarrassing mess. :cry1

He's been so good so far. He really likes his squeaky toy and his fluffy white ducky toy.

He's adorable! Congrats. Don't worry, he's likely just settling in and a nervous tummy and loose stool the first few days isn't unusual. Not fun to clean up, but it'll firm up. He's roaching and playing with toys already, so he sounds like he sure likes it with you. :)

Congratulations!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

he's so handsome! congrats!

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway