Welcome To The Family, Evan! (Naples Evan)

Guest grandmagrey

Guest grandmagrey

After adopting Snowy just two weeks ago, and seeing how much she loves her greyhound nephew (kkaiser's Teddi), we decided Snowy needed another greyhound sibling. After an email about a 7 year old bounce, we decided to go up and see him. We like to think that we didn't decide we were bringing him home until after we met him...but we brought an extra collar along, just in case ;)

Meet Evan!

7990325209_4e3da85124.jpg

2012-09-15_21-26-57_720 by Katelyn Kaiser, on Flickr

Evan's already found his favorite bed (also, he and Snowy took turns cuddling with Lammie on the way home)

7990406329_fa7fa6c503.jpg

2012-09-15_15-38-24_498 by Katelyn Kaiser, on Flickr

My husband with Evan and our girl, Snowy.

I have more pictures, but will have to put them up as I upload them! Katelyn and Teddi also came along for the visit, and the three greys got along like a dream. We're happy to say Evan settled in very well with our 13 year old golden retriever/cocker spaniel mix Ginger, 10 year old siberian husky Akaila, and of course, 8 year old Snowy.

I think we're at full capacity now in the Kaiser household!

what a lovely dog family you have

when we went to visit Bobby at his foster family I knew we were going to take him before getting there. We visited him late Wednesday and I went to sign the adoption papers late Thursday but had to wait till the next day to collect him as the foster family had to go out.

Congratulations! again...addictive, aren't they? Your life has certainly changed since your daughter adopted a grey :colgate

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Congratulations! I would say you have a full house, which is a winning hand.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

:confetti Welcome home, Evan! Congrats all around! :confetti

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Congratulations!

[Good job, Snowy!]

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest grandmagrey

Evan's homecoming has brought joy and happiness to many hearts! He is the happiest boy. His personality reminds me a lot of my grandog, Teddi. We all know how i feel about him! Lol!

Evan has fit in nicely...not even a word or a comment from the existing family of pets. Except from Tha the parrot who told him to "go lay down!" , which he did...after looking around to see where the voice came from. LOL.

We will try a long walk in the neighborhood in a bit.

"Everyone...please don't walk by the senior greys cages and rule them out because they are 7. EVAN has so much love to give. He is definately not "over the hill" rather, he is full of live, love, housetrained, car trained, respectful of his commrades and his humans.

EVAN IS HOME.

I am thrilled for all of you - and I was a witness to this little greyhound gathering on Saturday at the GAO kennel! Evan is a great dog and I'm so glad that he is joining Snowy ... and Teddi, when he comes to visit. These are three lucky hounds! :confetti

Guest grandmagrey

Thanks everyone, for the good thoughts! Still no probs not easily handled here. Just a lot of love! Evan enjoyed his walk last eve with Snowy showing off her new friend to the neighborhood. Sooo cute! Had to miss our walk tonight the rain came just about time for our outing. No one seemed to mind hanging out in the house for soft beds and belly rubs.

@ Beth nice to meet you on sat...lol i thought i was going to have to grab Evans lead out if your hand! Had to contain myself!!! THE MINUTE HE LOOKED AT ME AND SMILED...I KNEW! HE WAS COMING HOME!

Except from Tha the parrot who told him to "go lay down!" , which he did...after looking around to see where the voice came from.
:lol

Congreytulations to all, even your parrot.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter