Legs Has Dilated Cardiomyopathy

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's his handsomeness! I woke up thinking of you and Legs this morning and made it a point to come here early to check on him. He certainly looks happy! Keeping fingers crossed for good results!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Thank you so much for checking on him! He's doing great! We went for a long walk last night & he didn't start collapsing, but hopefully his heart rate got high enough for them to see if there are changes. He doesn't seem bothered by the vest & wires at all. I kept waking up & checking on him overnight but he hardly moved a muscle, I think I exhausted him yesterday since he's been on limited exercise for awhile.

I will take him for another longish walk/jog at lunchtime & then return everything to the vet for her to send it out. Anyone have any advice on the best way to get the sticky circles off his skin? My vet said I could bring him back & she'd do it, but it will be less stress on him if I can just take them off quickly at home.

You can use some mineral oil to loosen the sticky patches so they don't tear his skin. Hoping for good results for your boy.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Lucy, we are all here waiting with you. Everything "cross able" is crossed!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

:nod

I'm glad (as glad as I can be given the circumstances) that he at least had an episode while wearing it. Were you supposed to keep any sort of activity journal to go with it?

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

:nod

I'm glad (as glad as I can be given the circumstances) that he at least had an episode while wearing it. Were you supposed to keep any sort of activity journal to go with it?

thank you!! No, I wasn't supposed to keep any notes about his activity, but that is a good idea. I'm going to write it down now just in case :) Though I'd think anyone reading the test would quickly be able to tell what was going on. He's either out exercising, or sound asleep :P

So I noticed a little growth on Legs' back leg last week b/c it started bleeding, but didn't really think twice about it. But it has come back bigger. Is this anything to worry about? I am assuming he will see the vet once we get his heart test results back in the next week or so. Can it wait until then?

get-attachmentaspx-6.jpg

I forget what they are called, but Franny has had a couple of these. They have always gone away on their own.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

This could be a hemangioma or a cutaneous hemangiosarcoma --to obtain a definitive diagnose you will need to biopsy the site and have a pathologist examine the sample. It can certainly wait until or upcoming appointment to have it looked at. Keep us posted ok?

(Try not too worry--in all likelyhood it's a benign hemangioma).

I would wait, too. You can always take a photo a day to track the healing progress. Size had one on her chest - right at the spot that touched the floor when she assumed the sphinx posture, which is her favorite. I can't tell you how many times it would be sssooo close to being healed and then I would find a bloody spot on the floor and there it would be - again! It took months for that spot to heal! And yes, it always looked its worst right after the scab came off.

Thanks guys. I think I panicked over nothing :blush It seems to have popped overnight so hopefully it will just go away now. Do hemangiomas usually keep coming back? I did email a pic to my vet yesterday & she said she will freeze it off the next time I am there if needed. She also said to call on Wed for Legs' test results.

:bounce

Thanks guys. I think I panicked over nothing :blush It seems to have popped overnight so hopefully it will just go away now. Do hemangiomas usually keep coming back? I did email a pic to my vet yesterday & she said she will freeze it off the next time I am there if needed. She also said to call on Wed for Legs' test results.

:bounce

Aw, Lucy, you didn't panic! You're a hound mom who has been on pins and needles for a long time, just wanting Legs to be a normal, healthy Greyhound. It's ok to ask. That's why we're all here - to ask, answer and share.

Still have everything "crossable, crossed". I'll be "tuned in" on Wednesday at work. :goodluck:goodluck:goodluck:goodluck:goodluck

Sending good thoughts that you get some answers today. :goodluck

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Any word yet??? :goodluck:goodluck:goodluck:goodluck:goodluck

Ok, to kill time, here's what I usually do; I call and ask to have the results emailed or faxed to me so that I can look them over "in order to be prepared with questions" when the Dr does call.

I have never been turned down yet. Good luck!

Call the cardiologist's office????? (I'm ruthless.)

I'm guessing they don't have the results, b/c my vet is usually very good about calling or emailing me. The receptionist did not see anything when I called yesterday. It better come today, b/c my vet doesn't work Fridays. :(

Ack! No being made to wait until Monday. I can't take it!