Thrilled :)

Guest Krissyfissy

Guest Krissyfissy

Hello all! I just joined today and am proud to post that our family adopted 2 lovely grey males last Sunday. I am sure I will have a lot of questions and am just so grateful that there is such a great support system for this breed.

We are somewhat experienced with greys as a very loved family member who crossed rainbow bridge last year, was a greyhound/shepherd mix. Quite rare we have been told, as most greys are bred for racing purposes only. My husband adopted him at 11 mos. old from a shelter in New England, where he is from. (We currently live in Northern Virginia). Our beloved Oswald had been abused as pup and was abandoned on the side of a highway. But when I met him, when we was about 7, he was one of the most well trained dogs on the planet. He lived just shy of his 15 birthday and it was a tragedy when we lost him last November.

We had decided our house had been quiet long enough, so through some diligent research and reading (greyhounds for dummies) we were ready for a new addition. And after careful consideration, decided on two greys instead of one. God, only knows what we were thinking at the time, but I must say that we are quite happy with the decision we've made.

I have one son that is 12 yo. He is just elated at having two pups to call his own. And so far they are adjusting very well. As a matter of fact, this whole process has gone a bit too well. I better count my blessings now :). The two we adopted had not come from the same track, but we did get them from same kennel. They had never been put together before but had been walked together for a couple days before the adoption. Funny enough, we learn that they are half brothers being as they were both sired by Kiowa Sweet Trey as I am sure many of your greys may have been too, on a count that he has sired over 10,000 greys! Thats a lot of artificial insemination, isn't it? I imagine his swimmers fetch a high price, someone out there is sitting on a gold mine!

Anywho, enough about me, I am so excited to learn about you and your family members! Can't wait to meet y'all!

Kris B.

Guest avadogner

Welcome to Greytalk! What wonderful news of adopting two greys. I am so sorry about your loss of Oswald. We lost our Ava in March. You will have to share some photos of your news hounds. We love pics here! Greytalk is a great resource for info and an even better one for making new friends. I think of it like Facebook for greyhound lovers. We have a good mix of members who keep you laughing. My DH says greyhound people love nothing more than talking about greyhounds to other greyhound people. My brother jokes we are a cult. We certainly do worship these dogs.

Welcome to the party,

alicia

Welcome to GT and congrats on your two boys!!!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Welcome from Mont. Co., Maryland!

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest IrskasMom

WELCOME to GT :wave :wave :wave . Tons of Info and very Compassionate People are right here. Did they come from Greyhound Welfare or Greyhound Rescue in WV or even Great Expectations ( not does it matter ) ????

Guest Krissyfissy

Its so nice to meet all of you! Thank you for your warm welcome!

Here is a pic of our new boys. The two on the left are of Wally (age 2), Kennel name: Keefe, Racing name: Atascocita Taner. And the two on the right are of unnamed (haven't agreed on a name yet) (age 3), Kennel name: Bosman, Racing name: Hilco Bossman Both are retired.

theboys.jpg

Sorry if the pic is too big, I'm still learning how to forum. This is my first one ever :bounce2

Here is a pic of our late Oswald. How we miss him so!

photo.jpg

We brought Wally and Bosman home from the NGAP in Philly, PA. We were extremely insistent on having our Greys as soon as humanly possible, they were able to cater to our needs and we were more than willing to make the drive.

Really looking forward to being a part of this special group.

@Avadogner - you sure got it right! I loooove talking about my Greys! :blah

Welcome to you and to your very handsome brindle boys.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Beautiful houndie-boys (all three of 'em)! I look forward to reading more about your new family members.

Welcome to the GT party!

Cheryl - "Mom" to RUNNER (Gunnah, born 6/15/2012) and FARGO (Ridin Shotgun, born 8/21/2015). Missing my Grey-Angels HEISMAN (RX Heisman) (3/29/2005-2/1/2016) and ALEX (Bevenly) (4/15/2005-6/7/2018).

Congrats! :confetti Wonderful that you've adopted 2 - they really love having another grey buddy around, even if they've never met before.

I have 2 KST babies, one an angel, the other a little more challenging. ;):seesaw Both wonderful. :) Welcome to GT!

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Welcome and congratulations! Your boys are gorgeous!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Welcome from Maine! :welcome2 Wally and Brady are so handsome! :heart Congratulations!!!

I look forward to seeing and reading a lot more about them in the coming weeks, months and years!

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Another Welcome from Maine!! :) Wally and Brady are so handsome and look very pleased and happy in their new home. Sorry for your loss of Oswald - he seemed like a very sweet pup. I look forward to seeing lots of photos of your boys as they continue to settle in.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest Krissyfissy

Hello there up North!! How is the weather up there? Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! :) Your Pooches are just gorgeous! :beatheart