Now What Do We Feed With The Recalls

Guest SueG201

Guest SueG201

Ok so my dogs have been on TOTW and then switched to Natures Domain from Costco, they have both done very well, my 13 yr old greyhound sometimes has poop accidents in the house due to her age, and pick up was a breeze with Natures Domain. I am almost out of food and I am at wits end as to what to buy them tomorrow. I never realized that Diamond makes so much dog food. Any ideas?? my whippet can eat anything but my greyhound can not eat chicken, t urkey or beef anymore or she gets the runs.

Based on everything I've read, they found nothing wrong with the Nature's Domain dog food but they pulled it as a "just in case". I was also told that Costco pulled all the bad bags and restocked with ones that are not part of the recall. Therefore, I will be buying the same food when I go later on this week. I will be keeping an eye out just in case, but because of Enza's food issues and financial reasons, it's the best option I have.

(And really - did everyone here stop eating lettuce when they had the salmonella issue that killed people?)

Now to sit back and wait for the "you are a horrible horrible dog owner" comments to come flying at me.

I'm going to buy another bag of Nature's Domain later this week, too. I will check the codes, of course (already printed off the instructions for that).

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

Based on everything I've read, they found nothing wrong with the Nature's Domain dog food but they pulled it as a "just in case". I was also told that Costco pulled all the bad bags and restocked with ones that are not part of the recall. Therefore, I will be buying the same food when I go later on this week. I will be keeping an eye out just in case, but because of Enza's food issues and financial reasons, it's the best option I have.

(And really - did everyone here stop eating lettuce when they had the salmonella issue that killed people?)

Now to sit back and wait for the "you are a horrible horrible dog owner" comments to come flying at me.

WOW! No "horrible dog owner" comments from me. I'm just impressed you feed Enza. :):rofl :rofl :rofl

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Yeah, I've gotten some of those comments. We feed our grey girls Diamond Naturals Chicken and Rice. The like it and do well on it. We still have 2.5 bags - none of which is on the recall list. None of us - human or hounds - have experienced any adverse affects. We have no plans to change here.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

Guest SueG201

I was told that Costco pulled all the food off their shelves, I will be going there tomorrow. When I got the phone call from Costco they said the ND was not on the recall list, but now it has been changed. This is a pain in the ass. I manage a garden center and work long hours in the summer, and I don't have time to research dog food with one day off a week. GRR

I have been helping out with a dog bakery that also carries different foods, inclucing the recalls.

We have actually switch to Earthborn Catch, a hollistic food.

At first the poop was a little soft ( I am sure because of the change) but now they are fine.

It actually has a higher protein then the other food.

OH, BTW they were on Taste of the Wild- Salmon.

I hope this helps.

Image removed, not within the GreyTalk signature guidelines of <15 KB file size limit. Your image was 33.09 KB (33,886 bytes) file size.

Darlene and Garon with Selena-JCKC 5/23/2005 & Mosa-RDR 2/5/2010

Missing Santannah Belle-NSRA 7/7/2001- 9/6/2012

Guest aowam

I don't feed my dog any of Diamond's products, but I agree with the other posters. Recalls tend to cause mass hysteria and I'm not sure why. It was a bad batch and now that it has happened I'm pretty sure Diamond is going to be much more careful. Toyota had that huge recall of cars and I see no less Toyotas on the road. Same with food recalls. It's only bad if this happens time after time after time again.

Guest jettcricket

Solid Gold products (Hund n Flocken, Wolf King, etc.) or raw.

I believe they just has a recall on Solid Gold as well. :(

Solid Gold products (Hund n Flocken, Wolf King, etc.) or raw.

I believe they just has a recall on Solid Gold as well. :(

Yes they did. Yamaha gurl very kindly forwarded me the article. I feed my houndies raw but I have forwarded it to my mom who was feeding the SG to her Dobe. Thanks all.

Guest BrianRke

Yeah, I've gotten some of those comments. We feed our grey girls Diamond Naturals Chicken and Rice. The like it and do well on it. We still have 2.5 bags - none of which is on the recall list. None of us - human or hounds - have experienced any adverse affects. We have no plans to change here.

Same here. I'm not changing, especially since the risk is mainly to humans and not to dogs.

Guest Celestrina

We are probably going to stick with TOTW, assuming I can get more before we run out. The only benefit to switching is that the other foods we've considered are more readily available.

A little late but .....after lengthy searching, here are my thoughts. We have fed Nutro products for years, even during that recall, because that was all (and I tried many, many different foods) our greys would eat. Those companions have passed from this earth, but of course not from our hearts.They had all reached about 9 or better.The present recalls do include many foods, the SolidGold I have does not match any batch of recalls. A web site - dogfoodadvisor.com has a comprehensive list of recalled brands and... a list of food reviews rating foods from 1 to 5 stars. Today, at every meal I mix, 30/70, 50/50, percent etc., different brands of foods of more or less 3 to 5 stars that have reviewed well. In this fashion I am able to provide variety in addition to being able to gradually incorporate a change of food. This does mean we have at least two bags/containers of different dry foods we feed from 2 times a day plus small portions of a quality wet food. We have five pups, 3 greys and 2 galgos, and boy, are they healthy! They are shiny, have good teeth and wear me out. A good thing!

Guest greymama002

We were using Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream, but we have a new Petsmart in town that carries Nature's Recipe Grain-Free dog food, so I tried it. We are on our 2nd bag of Salmon, SweetPotato & Pumpkin, and all 3 like it & seems to agree with them. It was $44.99 for the big bag, quite a bit less than some of the other grain-free varieties.

I feed Walter Acana which is a sister product of Orijen. Both are made in Canada. I like them, my boyfriend researched them and approved, in his opinion its one of the best dog foods on the market.

edited for website: http://www.orijen.ca/

Edited by WalterWallerson

7218108076_e406044464_t.jpg 7004700518_27fa752995_t.jpg Walter (Windy Walker) and Ernie (PG Ernest) @WalterWallerson and IG: WalterandErnie 7150803233_d0700ccbdc_t.jpg 7004711314_ceba54665a_t.jpg

I feed Walter Acana which is a sister product of Orijen. Both are made in Canada. I like them, my boyfriend researched them and approved, in his opinion its one of the best dog foods on the market.

Can I ask what the cost is for it in the US? For the 30lbs bag.

Greyhound Collars : www.collartown.ca

Maggie (the human servant), with Miss Bella, racing name "A Star Blackieto"

13380965654_dba9a12b29.jpg

Guest KennelMom

Same here. I'm not changing, especially since the risk is mainly to humans and not to dogs.

Exactly. We have three hounds that eat Natures Domain, the rest are on raw...I'd change out the bag if it were part of the recall, otherwise the food is fine.

I'd change out the bag if it were part of the recall, otherwise the food is fine.

I feel the same way. I didn't even change out the bag that was part of the recall, although the fact that we were at the very end of 4 bags from that lot, and my dogs had had no problems, played a part in that decision. Figured there was no reason to waste the last 2-3 days of food. I feed Kirkland Chicken & Rice from Costco and get 4 bags at a time. Still have a couple months worth of food and have no plans to change.

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg

Guest jettcricket

I just purchased a large bag of TOTW and Natural Balance Venison and Sweet Potato. Checked the lables and they were ok. I'm not overly worried....and will continue to fed my dogs both of these dog foods.

I feed my dogs Nature's Domain and will continue to do so. Hawaii was not on the recall list and Legs can only tolerate grain-free foods. ND is by FAR the most reasonable grain-free food so I am sticking with it. I think and hope the quality control at Diamond will be stepped up a notch now.

Can I ask what the cost is for it in the US? For the 30lbs bag.

Ranchlands is between $75 - $80 in NY.

Guest TBSFlame

I feed Costco NB and TOTW and I plan to continue to use these products. DH won a contest where he won free dog food for a year. We chose TOTW. We have 11 monthly coupons left. :)