Bleeding Into The Abdomen

Guest Fasave

Ave turned 12 yesterday which on all counts is a miracle. Last Fall he had bleeding in his abdomen and was diagnosed with hemangiosacroma of the liver. A fast moving cancer with a poor prognosis. I almost put him to sleep but he wanted dinner and to go to bed instead and who was I to argue. It's been a year so unlikely hemangio but he's in ICU. Same test results as last time and more blood in the abdomen. He will have an ultrasound today. Any over thoughts on what this could be?

Ave turned 12 yesterday which on all counts is a miracle. Last Fall he had bleeding in his abdomen and was diagnosed with hemangiosacroma of the liver. A fast moving cancer with a poor prognosis. I almost put him to sleep but he wanted dinner and to go to bed instead and who was I to argue. It's been a year so unlikely hemangio but he's in ICU. Same test results as last time and more blood in the abdomen. He will have an ultrasound today. Any over thoughts on what this could be?

Oh nooo, I'm so sorry to ready that Avalanche is in ICU!!!

Hopefully someone else will chime in with other medical possibilities. Our broodie has Hemangiosarcoma too, diagnosed summer 2010. I am completely amazed she's still with us too.

Ave is in our thoughts and prayers, as are you! :hope:candle

I can't help you with any ideas - but I can send you a hug and prayers for Ave. grouphug.gif

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

Even benign masses can rupture and bleed. Was this an acute event? The liver and spleen are both areas of concern. Did he have an ultrasound the last time?

I don't think there would be any other reason for a hemoabdomen other than a bleeding mass.

Hopefully, it will clot on its own and he'll be able to reasorb the free floating blood. You might ask if Amicar might help.

Hugs to you both.

Oh no, not poor Ave. I hope they are able to find what it is and able to get him back home soon.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Just sending prayers for your boy and hugs for yourself.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Thanks everyone. Yes, he's in an excellent hospital and starting on Amicar. He had surgery four weeks ago to remove a benign growth from his toe. He was finally getting back to walks, eating and being his old self. Great day yesterday, although a busy weekend, last turn out, cookie and to bed. At 11:30 he woke me up vomiting and would not settle so off the e-vets.

Last time they tried to get a needle biospy that came back inconclusive. They saw the mass on ultrasound. I chose not to do surgery because this was his third incidence of cancer (soft tissue, nerve sheath tumor), three littermates already passed from cancer, so the odds were against him. Even with surgery they told me 3 months with chemo. I just couldn't put him through a tough 3 months. Three weeks after the initial diagnosis, we repeated the ultra sound and it the mass was barely noticable.

I'll check back in at 10 and hopefully get some news.

Just spoke with the vet. She said he had large anal glands so she expressed them. I can't believe I didn't pick up on this but minor compared to what we are dealing with. They are about to start the testing. She said they have last years US so they can do a comparative. She agreed that it is VERY unlikely that he had hemangio given a year without any treatment has passed. I guess my hope is that they see the same tumor when the US him today. At least we would then know we are likely dealing with a bleeding tumor that may be benign like a hematoma. I'm going to visit him at 11:30 so hopefully I will come back with some more news.

Oh no. I'm so very sorry.

Avalanche, you take a big piece of your momma's heart with you. Godspeed, sweet funny boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh I'm so sorry. sad.gif Rest well Ave. grouphug.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I'm so very sorry. My heart dropped. I was really hoping he'd be ok. this is so sad.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross