Chevy's Corn Is Gone!

Guest Adrianne

Guest Adrianne

It's been almost five and a half months and countless corn cream applications, countless pieces of duct tape, and a few weeks of dremeling, but that nasty little sucker is gone!!

The original thread is here.

:yay That is great!

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

That's wonderful! I'm gonna have to give it another try, this time with the hyaluronic acid.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

This is terrific news. I'm so delighted for you both.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

That is truly greyt, We have the stuff but I have not used it as much as I should. Teddy had it hulled this past Saturday. Did you use the acid/cream after it was hulled out too?

That is truly greyt, We have the stuff but I have not used it as much as I should. Teddy had it hulled this past Saturday. Did you use the acid/cream after it was hulled out too?

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

:yay Thank goodness greyhounds! Good job, momma.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest Adrianne

So tell us how Chevy is walking -- painfree? No boots?

Around the house and yard (and the backyard is about 50% cement,) Chevy is walking just fine. We took a long walk yesterday, and I did put his boot on for protection just because the area where the corn was is pink. I'll probably keep it protected on walks until that area fills in and looks like the rest of his pad.

The difference in him is amazing. This was a boy who always limped on hard surfaces, even after a good hulling. The corn never stopped him from walking on those surfaces, but he never had complete relief. Always a limp. And now.....no limp. He seems very happy and frisky.

We too seem to be making good progress. Rickie has 2 corns - one quite large but shallow (relatively, still pretty miserable) the other smaller, but very deep. As time has passed, the corns seemed to be as happy as ever, but the surrounding pad tissue gradually detached, with fresh healthy pad tissue underneath. Several days ago the last of the old tissue around the big corn was finally gone, leaving the corn sticking up like a volcanic plug, with one side much higher than the other. I decided to wait to dremel, since Rickie struggles when I do his nails, and I was afraid of hitting pad tissue and hurting him. Tonight when I went to apply the hyaluronic acid the volcanic plug was gone! I will continue to treat this pad for awhile until I am sure no regrowth will occur. But this is very promising!!

The other corn seems to be on the same path, but slower - the pad tissue is taking longer to detach, though the corn looks as if it is separating from the tissue around the edges. With luck, it will also fall out once the old pad tissue is gone.

We began treatments at the end of July, so about 7 weeks ago.

Oh dear. It appears that Silver is joining the corn club.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest Adrianne

We too seem to be making good progress. Rickie has 2 corns - one quite large but shallow (relatively, still pretty miserable) the other smaller, but very deep. As time has passed, the corns seemed to be as happy as ever, but the surrounding pad tissue gradually detached, with fresh healthy pad tissue underneath. Several days ago the last of the old tissue around the big corn was finally gone, leaving the corn sticking up like a volcanic plug, with one side much higher than the other. I decided to wait to dremel, since Rickie struggles when I do his nails, and I was afraid of hitting pad tissue and hurting him. Tonight when I went to apply the hyaluronic acid the volcanic plug was gone! I will continue to treat this pad for awhile until I am sure no regrowth will occur. But this is very promising!!

The other corn seems to be on the same path, but slower - the pad tissue is taking longer to detach, though the corn looks as if it is separating from the tissue around the edges. With luck, it will also fall out once the old pad tissue is gone.

We began treatments at the end of July, so about 7 weeks ago.

I'm so happy to hear that! Yay for Rickie!

Chevy's corn seemed very deep too, and perhaps that's why it took so long.

Oh dear. It appears that Silver is joining the corn club.

Oh no! I hate to hear that. Is it a definite corn? Is it new?

Guest arlosmom

Deb here from Wilmington, NC. I need to know your regimen. We have used the Murray Corn Cream but I don't think often enough. sometimes they are back in two days. If you don't mind. How often each week an how often you dremeled. If you would like pm me. Kingfish has multiple corns on multiple feet and is almost crippled. He is only 5.

Guest Adrianne

Deb here from Wilmington, NC. I need to know your regimen. We have used the Murray Corn Cream but I don't think often enough. sometimes they are back in two days. If you don't mind. How often each week an how often you dremeled. If you would like pm me. Kingfish has multiple corns on multiple feet and is almost crippled. He is only 5.

Poor, poor Kingfish. That has to be miserable.

I sent you a message, but I just wanted to share with everyone that, once I started dremeling the corn, I did it every couple of days. Chevy's corn was a fast grower. Also, I think it is very, very important to use the cream every single day, twice a day if at all possible. And if you use duct tape instead or with, I think it's very important that it's on every single day. I'm not saying this as an expert, but this is what I did.

Did you use duct tape AND the cream? I used the cream on Jack (a whole tube of it), probably for three months, and pretty consistently, and it didn't do anything. :( Duct tape seemed to change the texture of the corn somewhat.

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

Guest Adrianne

Did you use duct tape AND the cream? I used the cream on Jack (a whole tube of it), probably for three months, and pretty consistently, and it didn't do anything. :( Duct tape seemed to change the texture of the corn somewhat.

I did use the duct tape and the cream together, but not until mid to late July. I started the cream April 1. At the three month mark, I hadn't really seen any difference in the corn. I pressed on however, for two reasons. First, I had promised myself I would use an entire tube of the cream, and second, I believe the Murray's website says it could take up to five or six months to get results.

Does Jack have multiple corns? I ask because I have plenty of cream left even after using it twice a day for over five months. A dot of the cream was all I used.

ETA: The time involved is frustrating. I work from home, so I had the time to do the twice daily treatments. And, according to most of my family, I'm stubborn as a mule, and I made it the #1 priority every day to get those treatments done, no matter what else was going on.

Edited by Adrianne

Guest bigbrindlebunny

What worries me about the cream, and why I haven't tried it it, is that I wrote and asked the Pharmacy for the active ingredients (not in specific amounts, nothing proprietary) so I could get my Vet's OK before using it. I don't like the idea of using something on Pete where I really have NO clue what it is. I've contacted them at least twice before, and coulpla weeks ago I sent the request again through their website. I got no response. NONE.

That bothers me. When you get medications and creams at the pharmacy you at least have some idea what's inside without disrupting patents/trade secrets/etc. You can look on the side of the box or online.

It's not like I'm not desperate about Pete's corn, but I didn't even get a courtesy reply.

I did use the duct tape and the cream together, but not until mid to late July. I started the cream April 1. At the three month mark, I hadn't really seen any difference in the corn. I pressed on however, for two reasons. First, I had promised myself I would use an entire tube of the cream, and second, I believe the Murray's website says it could take up to five or six months to get results.

Does Jack have multiple corns? I ask because I have plenty of cream left even after using it twice a day for over five months. A dot of the cream was all I used.

ETA: The time involved is frustrating. I work from home, so I had the time to do the twice daily treatments. And, according to most of my family, I'm stubborn as a mule, and I made it the #1 priority every day to get those treatments done, no matter what else was going on.

Jack has two corns, one on each front paw. One is giant, and the other one is small. I have used duct tape before, maybe I will give that a try again. I manage to hull them every couple of weeks, but the *)!!@* always come back!!

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.