Amitriptyline Question... (Plus A Xanax One?)

JAJ2010

Where can I get it cheaper than $50 for 25 days! :rolleyes: The one time I get a dog script filled before calling around for price quotes. I nearly died once I saw it was 1 pill TWICE a day! :o

1. Anyone know where the cheapest place to buy it is? Prozac and Clomicalm don't work. Xanax works awesomely but we don't want her on that long term since it's so hard on the liver. (I think that's what the vet said) If this Amitriptyline works it's going to be $57.58 every 30 days plus her soloxin costs, plus bully sticks, raw food, etc... Granted she is very very spoiled and if this is the magic medicine I will suck it up and gladly pay that amount, but cheaper would be better! Vet said it was a cheap generic med so I was expecting $15-20, not $50!

2. Anyone have any success with Amitriptyline? Is it safe for greys? Our new vet is pretty greyhound savvy and I was very surprised at how comfortable/knowledgeable she was with trying a diff class of anxiety med. She did work at NGAP for a while so she really seems to know her greyhound stuff. Even the shy Sunshine sniffed at her face during our first visit! :o

3. We got a refill on our Xanax (Alprazolam) and the pharmacy gave us the extended release pills. Which sucks since I cannot break them into quarters for a smaller dose. :angryfire But can I even give dogs the extended release? Don't they metabolize things differently?

The old script read Alprazolam 2MG TAB GRE

New script reads Alprazolam ER 2 MG Tablet MYL

I have enough old pills to last us for a few days and am waiting for a call back with the vet to double check, but are the ER safe to give? Is there any real difference?

------

Jessica

I just Xanax for myself and it was $28 and change for generic. Have you tried Walmart or Costco? Walmart will definitely fill pet prescriptions; I am not positive about Costco. You could call and check. You don't have to be a member for medication.

Curious. What is the doctor's name? Thanks.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Amitryptyline is also processed through the liver -- AFAIK, really not much to choose between those two meds on that score.

What kind of anxiety are you trying to treat?

Was your dog diagnosed as hypothyroid through a full panel including fT4ed and TSH? Anything equivocal about the results? It would be very odd for a dog to need *both* thyroid meds and anti-anxiety meds, whereas excess thyroid hormone would tend to make a dog anxious, edgy, etc.

Best luck with your pup!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Wow! That was quick! The vet called me back and said the extended release should still work it just may take longer to kick in. She said to let her know what I notice, so she's treating this like a science experiment! :lol I swear the 2 months of Xanax has made her as fuzzy as a cotton ball! Vet said she has never heard of that side effect before. At least I know the extended release won't hurt her.

I might just try to call Costco tomorrow and see if they will replace the Xanax with the regular pills that I can break into halves/quarters easily. Maybe they will take the Amitriptyline as a return since I'm sure I can get it cheaper elsewhere...

------

Jessica

Amitriptyline is an antidepressant. Does it act to relieve anxiety in dogs?

I'm surprised it cost you so much. That's a drug that's been around a long time.

Edited by GeorgeofNE

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

I just Xanax for myself and it was $28 and change for generic. Have you tried Walmart or Costco? Walmart will definitely fill pet prescriptions; I am not positive about Costco. You could call and check. You don't have to be a member for medication.

Curious. What is the doctor's name? Thanks.

I did get them filled at Costco. For 60 2mg Xanax pills it's $9.02, so that might be cheaper for you? I swear I'm never getting a script filled at walmart ever again. I will pay triple the price. It's SO not worth the aggravation of dealing with the local morons around me.

The vet we just switched to is Nina Beyer at http://www.greenfieldsveterinary.com/Templates/ContentPages/Clinic_Info/OurStaff.aspx

They don't seem to be the cheapest around but a gh friend has used her for years and she was able to diagnose some wierd long named disease in her grey where the dog couldn't process fat in her diet anymore. She was a very sick pup for a few months until they figured it out. :( She's fine now thankfully! I've been to 2 apps with this new dr and have been pleased so far. She doesn't treat me like a moron and is very good at explaining things and not rushing me through my million questions

ETA Dr Beyer also had zero problems helping with 2nd/3rd opinions and consults when my friends grey was sick. She even talked at length with my friend's sister who is also a vet. That kind of unego behavior always impresses me :colgate

Edited by JAJ2010

------

Jessica

Amitryptyline is also processed through the liver -- AFAIK, really not much to choose between those two meds on that score.

What kind of anxiety are you trying to treat?

Was your dog diagnosed as hypothyroid through a full panel including fT4ed and TSH? Anything equivocal about the results? It would be very odd for a dog to need *both* thyroid meds and anti-anxiety meds, whereas excess thyroid hormone would tend to make a dog anxious, edgy, etc.

Best luck with your pup!

The vet just said that the Xanax could be harder on the liver? Or kidneys? Can't remember right now and I don't have my notebook with me. She just said that keeping her on the Xanax wouldn't be an ideal goal for a couple years if we could find something else to work. We just had another thyroid panel run 60 days ago so her dosage of that is fine and not causing the issues. Thanks for pointing that out! I'll keep that in the back of my mind for future correlations. ;)

We are trying to treat generalized anxiety. Vet said the Amitriptyline was mainly used for SA, but it could possibly work so it would be worth a try. Strangely she is worse at home than when we travel. It's almost like she knows where she can expect strangers to pop out on our potty walks and just starts obsessing and shaking while staring at the corner of the building. She was almost normal in our old Apt, but we had a large field at the other side of the parking lot, so zero chance of strangers wandering up unnoticed. We've been in this current apt for almost a year, and she's getting worse instead of better. I think we might be able to go off all meds again if I can get into a house with a yard, so keep those fingers crossed for us! :rolleyes: Good thing she's super cute!

Amitriptyline is an antidepressant. Does it act to relieve anxiety in dogs?

I'm surprised it cost you so much. That's a drug that's been around a long time.

Vet said it's generally used to treat severe SA, so I'm assuming it's a commonly used drug in the dog world. I just looked on 1800 pet meds and it's $14 for 100 pills! :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire I really hope Costco will take a return for this! This might really stress their lenient return policy... I should know better than to just drop the script off w/o research. :blush

------

Jessica

I was more curious about the initial hypothyroid diagnosis. Not really my business. Just, your description makes me wonder if the thyroid medication is doing more harm than good. You really don't expect a dog to need thyroid meds and anti-anxiety meds / tranquilizers -- that's a contradiction in terms.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I was more curious about the initial hypothyroid diagnosis. Not really my business. Just, your description makes me wonder if the thyroid medication is doing more harm than good. You really don't expect a dog to need thyroid meds and anti-anxiety meds / tranquilizers -- that's a contradiction in terms.

Well the Xanax sure doesn't work like a tanq! About an hour after her dose it makes her crazy. (which is normal for her if she's not scared) She gets into a crazed zoomie zone where stuffies fly, she bounces off walls (sometime literally) and all other living creatures take cover.

Behaviorally if she's not on the Soloxin you can visibly see a difference. First you can see it in noise phobia (dishwasher noises, neighbors slamming doors, leaves blowing, etc) but you can also see it in her energy level. She get lethargic and doesn't do as many zoomies. Tends to drag behind during walks instead of bouncing along with her cute bopping ears.

Strangely none of the anxiety meds we have tried seems to effect her in a tranqy way. Are they supposed to? She was on Prozac for about a year, back when it worked and she was never 'out of it.' Unfortunately this time it's not working. Clomicalm did absolutely nothing when I had her on it. I might as well have been dosing her with sugar pills. I know when I start a new anxiety med I'm spaced for the first 3 weeks or so. She seems to get sharper on the meds. More quick with obedience work and mental thinking almost like she's on speed! :lol She learned to jump up and hit a target in under 2 mins. In hindsight, not the best thing to teach...

Edited by JAJ2010

------

Jessica

But, how was she diagnosed as hypothyroid?

But, how was she diagnosed as hypothyroid?

Originally we just ran the T4 which was borderline low if I remember correctly, and just dosed her with the Soloxin to see if it would immediately help some of her anxieties and it did within 48 hours. Talk about magic! Then I got curious and requested that a full panel be run. Can't remember the exact results or numbers... This was 2 vets ago. I'm sure I have them in a file around here somewhere. End result was the vet said to keep her on the Soloxin. She gets .6 twice a day

Are all these anxiety drugs supposed to give a tranquilizer reaction? Because her fear does that? She shuts down and shakes sometimes needing to be physically drug to the door to get her leash put on. Just wondering if I am missing something here... which is possible. I just want what's best for my little piggy.

------

Jessica

Not to beat a dead subject, but all those things your describe to her could be the result of too much thyroid supplementation, as well as her personality when on anti-anxiety meds. My Dude came to us on soloxine and we never questioned it for years - he was hyper, super bouncy, couldn't hold his weight, couldn't concentrate - very ADD almost. When we took him off supplementation he became MUCH more mellow.

On the reverse side, too low a thyroid often manifests as fear and anxiousness, acting out in aggressive ways, and severe SA. Hence Jey's question about your dog's initial testing and diagnosis. Was she anxious *before* you began thyroid supplementation and got better? This might indicate she doesn't really need the anti-anxiety meds. Was there no change in her level of anxiety with thyroid supplementation? Could indicate the need for some level anti-anxiety meds. OR did her anxiousness get worse on supplementation so you began anti-anxiety meds? This might indicate she's getting too much thyroid supplementation and does not need anti-anxiety meds. Lots of variables when considering thyroid and anxiety.

Amitriptiline has been used for years, I believe. As least as long as alprazolam. Also, FWIW, my Cash has been on alprazolam for three years and her liver labs are all good still. It could be that your dose is a little high. Our pills are 1mg pills and I'm breaking them in half for a .50 mg dose three times a day for her. They do not "tranq" her out at all. Any meds are only a tool to keep her mind in a calm state so she can understand and accept behavior modification training. But when she is acting "normal" she is very crazy - does zoomies, kills all the stuffies, and in general is a total princess diva brat!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

To answer your original question only, I pay about $12 for 150 pills of Amitriptyline, generic. I just went to Safeway and made sure what I was getting was generic. :dunno

My foster is on it for SA and its helped tremendously.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

She was extremely fearful before we started the soloxin. To the point of being too scared to potty outside. Fear pottying (both poop/pee at the same time) everytime we saw a stranger in the hallway of our first Apt, she would spook/ try to run at closing of car doors, sounds of motorcycles, birds flying overhead, the wind, etc. It was BAD thinking back I'm really not sure how we all survived that first year. I always feel like I'm exaggerating since she's so good comparatively now.

We started her on Clomicalm for a month and half at the request of people at our rescue group and it did nothing for her. We ended up switching vets since I did not know enough about meds and this vet wasn't savvy enough to give out anxiety meds. She told me I just might have to accept she may never be able to go outside and I have to build an indoor potty area for a 60lb dog in an Apt! :blink: Yup! That's the logical solution! :rolleyes:

At the new vet we started her on the Soloxin and she became much less fearful. She could handle everyday noises (dishwasher, birds, leaves in wind) We were slowly working on socializing her and showing some improvement. Then we had a huge snow storm with 3 ft of snow. Limited places to exercise her, I think the bright white snow hurt her eyes and she had a mental meltdown (While still on Soloxin) Forgot all her potty training, refused to come out of the bedroom, all that fun stuff! We put an emergency call into the vet and started her on the prozac. She slowly got better almost to the point of normal, or what I could accept as normal for her.

I then got divorced, moved to a teeny tiny 400-500 sq foot apt with a huge field that she felt comfortable in. It was a tight squeeze with 2 cats and 2 greyhounds and a king size bed! We had tons of other dog friends there and she was able to be weaned off all medication (except Soloxin) completely! She did really well in that environment! I think the dispersion of some of the tension we were living in really helped with her anxiety. During this point I tried seeing what her behavior was like off the Soloxin and she did not revert to fearful behavior but she was more tired, lethargic, didn't want to hop into the car, go on long walks, etc. Just not her chipper silly self. Everyone says that she is a CLBD with a dye job.

Unfortunately the lady underneath us hated the dogs and complained on a weekly basis. So we moved into yet another apt, larger and on the ground floor this time. This building has strips of grass to walk on next to the building/parking lot instead of a huge field. I think the open space helped her feel safer at the other place. I ignored it for 7 months thinking she would gradually just get used to this new place, but she just got worse and worse. When it reached the point of me dragging her to the front door to get her leash on again it was time to cry uncle and explore additional medicine options. Our neighbors are also loud and argue often. :rolleyes: Can't imagine how they have not killed each other yet. She never got bad enough to be scared of the dishwasher but she was starting to jump when I dropped things inside, which happens often! I'm not allowed to have many glass dishes. :lol

So we started at this new vet and I requested the prozac since we've done well with that before, but 2 solid months in as soon as I wean her down on the Xanax she gets spooky again. So the prozac is not kicking in like it did that last time. With the Xanax she is as normal as I could ever have hoped for her to be! If we can find a long term drug to give that result this would far exceed anything I ever expected for this pup!

So since the Soloxin has been consistent throughout this whole time and her regression in behavior came with a large life change I'm not thinking it has anything to do with the Soloxin. Or does it sound like it might be the issue?

Poor current BF was walking toward her when we first moved here and Sunshine cowered like she thought he was going to kick her. He had already been part of her daily life for 6 months. Where that came from in her little brain, I have no idea! BF was horrified, froze, and said "Did I catch her in the eye with my lanyard?" He was carrying keys at the time. I just quietly said "No that was a 100% cower" After that he started teaching her to catch cheeseballs. B) My gut says he has never touched her without my knowledge, but you better believe I watch him and all my critters like a hawk for a few more months to make sure I wasn't looking at stuff through rose colored glasses. But Shhh..... don't tell him that!

There is that small disagreement a few months ago of how he corrected her for nipping his arm, but I finally decided the incident didn't make her fearful of him and some things they have to work out between themselves. Deep down I don't trust anyone but me to correct my baby's. :blush Once I looked at it from the perspective of "He has a 10 yr old and if she ever nips the kid in play..." End result is that Sunshine really has him wrapped around her little paw. ;)

I don't really think the anxiety is from the Soloxin. What was the dose of Dude's Soloxine, just for my curiosities sake? Can't hurt to ask the vet at our next app if this new drug doesn't work whether we should maybe try weaning her off it anyway to see if it is the Soloxin. I'm open to any and all opinions/advice. Again I just want to keep this pup happy/healthy/spoiled.

To answer your original question only, I pay about $12 for 150 pills of Amitriptyline, generic. I just went to Safeway and made sure what I was getting was generic. :dunno

My foster is on it for SA and its helped tremendously.

Thanks! Calling them in the morning to see if I can transfer the script there! That's a lot quicker than ordering online. Glad to hear another GH is using it successfully. *fingers crossed* that it helps her more than the previous meds. Glad to hear it's helping your foster. I'm so glad I don't have to deal with thunder phobia or SA!

------

Jessica

Where can I get it cheaper than $50 for 25 days! :rolleyes: The one time I get a dog script filled before calling around for price quotes. I nearly died once I saw it was 1 pill TWICE a day! :o

1. Anyone know where the cheapest place to buy it is? Prozac and Clomicalm don't work. Xanax works awesomely but we don't want her on that long term since it's so hard on the liver. (I think that's what the vet said) If this Amitriptyline works it's going to be $57.58 every 30 days plus her soloxin costs, plus bully sticks, raw food, etc... Granted she is very very spoiled and if this is the magic medicine I will suck it up and gladly pay that amount, but cheaper would be better! Vet said it was a cheap generic med so I was expecting $15-20, not $50!

2. Anyone have any success with Amitriptyline? Is it safe for greys? Our new vet is pretty greyhound savvy and I was very surprised at how comfortable/knowledgeable she was with trying a diff class of anxiety med. She did work at NGAP for a while so she really seems to know her greyhound stuff. Even the shy Sunshine sniffed at her face during our first visit! :o

3. We got a refill on our Xanax (Alprazolam) and the pharmacy gave us the extended release pills. Which sucks since I cannot break them into quarters for a smaller dose. :angryfire But can I even give dogs the extended release? Don't they metabolize things differently?

The old script read Alprazolam 2MG TAB GRE

New script reads Alprazolam ER 2 MG Tablet MYL

I have enough old pills to last us for a few days and am waiting for a call back with the vet to double check, but are the ER safe to give? Is there any real difference?

I've got Katie on amitriptyline for generalized anxiety and Xanax for situational anxiety. The amitriptyline is costing me $15/month from my vet, the Xanax is $6 at WalMart. Now, Katie is a small greyhound, around 56 pounds, so she may be getting a lower dose than your dog.

My experience with both has been overwhelmingly positive. I will warn you that it's going to take quite some time to see an effect from the Elavil (it's easier to spell than ami...). I think it was 3-4 weeks before I really noticed a difference, and they say to try it for 6-8 weeks before making any decisions about effectiveness. However, once you do start seeing an effect, you can ease off on the Xanax, with your vet's ok. I only use that when I think that there is going to be extra stress on Katie, like at class or during a vet exam, not everyday at home.

Hope this helps!

Rebecca

77f6598d-2.jpg

My blog about helping Katie learn to be a more normal dog: http://katies-journey-philospher77.blogspot.com/

What Rebecca said above is helpful. Elavil and xanax work differently on different parts of the brain, and many people use them together effectively. Elavil is slow acting and needs time to build up in her system to become effective, and xanax is a relatively fast working anti-anxiety drug that is often used for situational fears like thunderstorms and fireworks. Definitely give the elavil a good 8-10 week trial, and DON'T stop her xanax cold turkey. She needs to be weaned off this drug a it does create a physical dependence.

Like I said, my Cash has been on it for three years. She was much like your girl in the beginning too - scared of EV-ER-Y-THING! I would rather have her be happy and calm and maybe deal with side effects of a drug that works for her, than have her live in that fearful state. It's a very personal choice, however.

I really don't remember what dosage Dude was getting of Soloxine. It was such a big difference for the better that I wish I had done it sooner. But it sounds like your girl might need it.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

I take elavil (amitryptiline) myself for a sleep disorder. I pay $10 for 90 75mg pills. It is on the $4/$10 generic formulary at Kroger's, Giant Eagle and many other stores in the area.

FWIW, I get sugar cravings and morning dry mouth from the elavil. I'm guessing that your little girl doesn't have the opportunity to binge on sweets :colgate ?

Jane

Am I reading this right, she weighs 60lbs and gets 2 .6mg Soloxine pills a day (for a total of 12mg per day)? If so, that seems like way too much. Claire weighs 62-65lbs and gets .3mg 2x a day for a total of .6mg per day. Carl weighs 72 - 75 and gets .35mg 2x a day for a total of .7mg per day.

Edited by seeh2o

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Am I reading this right, she weighs 60lbs and gets 2 .6mg Soloxine pills a day (for a total of 12mg per day)? If so, that seems like way too much. Claire weighs 62-65lbs and gets .3mg 2x a day for a total of .6mg per day. Carl weighs 72 - 75 and gets .35mg 2x a day for a total of .7mg per day.

OH Geeez no! :lol she gets 0.6mg twice a day. So she's getting a total of 1.2mg a day :blush I swear someday I will learn to proofread AND type. Just for my mathematically challenged self... How do you get a .35mg dosage? one and a half of the .3mg pills? Because then wouldn't it be .45mg instead of .35mg? :eek Poop now my head hurts! :)

I take elavil (amitryptiline) myself for a sleep disorder. I pay $10 for 90 75mg pills. It is on the $4/$10 generic formulary at Kroger's, Giant Eagle and many other stores in the area.

FWIW, I get sugar cravings and morning dry mouth from the elavil. I'm guessing that your little girl doesn't have the opportunity to binge on sweets :colgate ?

Jane

Nice! So if I can't sleep I can just take some of her pills :lol If this drug does work I think I will probably order in bulk on 1800 pet meds... I think the Xanax gives her the munchies! I asked the vet and she said that could be a side effect. She is now always asking for more stuff to eat. :rolleyes:

------

Jessica

Like I said, my Cash has been on it for three years. She was much like your girl in the beginning too - scared of EV-ER-Y-THING! I would rather have her be happy and calm and maybe deal with side effects of a drug that works for her, than have her live in that fearful state. It's a very personal choice, however.

I agree 100%!

------

Jessica

Munchies :nod We used Xanax first, before my foster was put on Amitriptyline. The lower doses weren't effective so my vet suggested we try the sort of "max" dose for her before trying the TCAs. It was a bit of a jump and the result was that for a few short hours she was high as a kite. One of the things I noticed was that she kept trying to eat random stuff while outside for a pee break. Needless to say, we didn't try that again :lol and that's when we switched her to the Amitriptyline.

That was the day that I posted to FB asking if people thought it would be okay if I took her Xanax since it clearly wasn't working for her. She looked like she was having an awesome time and I was miserable trying to deal with her SA. :P

Official disclaimer: I never took it, and I never would.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

I finally returned the extended release xanax today! Costco refunded me the $47.99 then gave me the corrected meds for free! :o Granted it was only a $13 script... but it still makes me happy! :) Back to being a happy Costco shopper

Oh and Sunshine be-bopped past our massively partying neighbors door a few hours ago without a single shy or hesitation. I realize it's too soon for the new drug but darn I love that Xanax! B)

------

Jessica

ok we've been on the Xanax consistently for over 2 months now, so I can assume any major behavior changes are from the added Elival, right? She's been on it for 5-6 days now and last night she not only marched up to a neighbor, but sniffed his leg, then his pocket, then stared him in the eye with the "Why the poop aren't you petting me????" attitude look. Then instead of shying away and ducking when he went to pet the top of her head she lifted her head and leaned into the pet! Neighbor was speechless! After about 3 minutes he was able to sputter out "Isn't this the one that hides behind you shaking?" :lol We've casually known this guy for the entire time I've had Sunshine! He has never once been able to touch or look at her since she has perfected the 'hide behind Mom's legs move' She can even efficiently rotate around if they try to see her by stepping around me. Trying not to get too excited since it could have been a fluke... :colgate

------

Jessica