Wabi Has A Mouth ... Tumor?

Xan

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one natural vet asking why I'd want to treat it at all, since it's benign. blink.gif

I haven't heard back from the vet yet about what kind of epulis it is, or what she thinks is the next step. The types really do vary in terms of treatment, so that's important info to make a decision based on. I'll call her tomorrow.

There's another vet in the area who uses Chinese medicine, which is also interesting to me. Meanwhile, Wabi continues to snarf up dandelions, and be her normal goofy self! :wub:

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

The natural vet might have a point, as long as it's not causing pain or interfering with anything.can it grow or is it as big as it will get?

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Robin, I don't know if it will get super big, but it is still growing. It does bother her some. I've noticed that she won't play with toys, and I've noticed her come to a complete halt and sit still (a pain sign for her) after play-biting at some gopher dirt outside. When it's bumped, it gets cherry red, and that can't feel good. It's not in the way of eating, yet (?), but if it keeps growing, it will be eventually.

There are three different kinds, and they have different growth styles and rates. I still don't know what kind it is. I've just left another message with the vet who did the biopsy to talk to her more about it.

I'm in no hurry to be putting her under and cutting at her, that's for sure! But, if it's a type that can take over her jaw, invading bone, then the sooner we get it, the less radical surgery will be necessary. Blegh.

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

If it's bothering her and it's continuing to grow...well, that's not good. guess that's when you don't want to just leave it.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

FWIW, if you do have it removed, which sounds like a good idea, see if you can have it done by a board certified dental surgeon. They do much more of this kind of thing than a general practitioner, and as a result the procedure and recovery are likely to be as easy on Wabi as they can be. They probably work with a dedicated anaesthesiologist as well, which is another consideration. Don't know about where you are, but here the cost difference between the regular clinic and the specialty clinic for dental procedures isn't that much and the outcome makes it well worth it.

Guest dramaqueen

Poor baby! Hope all goes well with her. Looks like some sort of an abcess from a bad toth? Maye a gum infection? Please let us know what happens. My prayers to St Francis are with you.

I am so sorry Xan. I don't know what to say. Just so sorry.

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Oh no! Speechless, crushed for you and yours and all of us who adored her and watched the story unfold from the very beginning.

Sweetie, I have it on best authority that The Bridge had fields and fields of fresh dandelions . . . . snarf to your heart's content.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

We are heartbroken for you and for ourselves as well. Wabi has always, and will forever, be a bright star within our world. Run free and whole pretty girl...

Running2520rainbow2520bridge-1.gif

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I feel so very blessed to have met her. She sure was something special. :wub:

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)