It Doesn't Seem Like A Year

Guest greyt_learner

Guest greyt_learner

I remember reading, not long after we lost him, someone posted that our dogs don't stay as long as we want them too, they stay as long as we need them. I thought about that often, and wondered if Puck was the angel for a little girl who lived in our subdivision. I always walked the pups round the neighborhood in the evening, and not long after we moved here ( we moved here less than a tear after we got him) she and her little sister were in the yard one evening, and she and Puck took to each other right away. Nearly every evening after that, she was out in the garden usually alone - I never saw her out of the yard, or playing with any of the other kids in the neighborhood, and she would stand right at the very corner of her yard and look down the street waiting for us, and Puck would go into full body wiggle mode and strain at the leash to get to her. She always said she would get a greyhound when she was old enough.

The summer he got sick, it was very hot and I had been giving them shorter walks which did not pass by the little girls yard. The very first evening that I thought it was cool enough for him to make it all the way around, I took him past her house. She was there, and complained that we she hadn't seen us in forever. I told her Puck was sick, and she told me she was moving. Less than a week later, Puck went to the bridge, and 2 days after that, I saw the moving van at their house.

I was so glad that I had been able to let them see each other one more time - and I wonder if Puck stayed as long as she needed him to.

I'm still crying as I write this.

He was our first hound and will be forever missed.

Sorry, there is something in my eye.

:grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Hugs to you. Puck was a special dog to be sure.

Rest well, gentle soul.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:grouphug For you, Puck and the little girl.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

:grouphug That was a very touching Special story for the both of them!!!!

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

What a special story. They enrich every life thye touch.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

What a lovely story. Has me in tears. Puck was very special.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.