New From Maine

Hello Everyone,

We adopted Anna (Sharsanna) in March from the Animal Welfare Society in Kennebunk, ME. My daughter and I were looking for the right CAT to fill a gap left by a great CAT that passed away over a year ago. We had never even seen a Greyhound before we met Anna. It was love at first sight. We went back and visited her three times that week as I tried to talk my husband into adopting her. Finally I told him that I couldn't leave her there or let her go anywhere else and he understood. If only the family didn't keep saying I have become obsessed with Greyhounds!

I love your pictures and helpful posts. These dogs are not like other dogs and it really helps to be able to read through a forum and get advice. I have actually found myself in tears over a few sad posts. Thanks again. I'll try to learn how to post pictures so I can upload a picture of Anna.

Taunya and her Supreme Grace, Anna - Sharsanna (Kiowa Sweet Trey x Camden Coming), Surge (no races), Kelsos Yorktown (Trent Lee x Kelsos Spotswood), Galgo Espanol - Valentin. Forever waitin' on Red (Kiowa Mon Manny x Bella Ionic).

Hi, and welcome to GT!

Congrats on your new girl!

I went over to greyhound-data.com to see if they had a picture of your girl on that site; unfortunately they did not. However, I see that my Toby and your Anna have the same dad...Kiowa Sweet Trey (I think he fathered about 10,000 hounds!). Anyway, I am so biased toward the KST hounds. Not only are they beautiful, every one I've met is a total sweetheart. There are several of us on GT with KST hounds.

Posting pics is easy. Just put them into photobucket (www.photobucket.com). It's free if you don't already have an account there. Upload your pics into photobucket. Then copy and paste the IMG code (it's the 4th code below your pic in photobucket) into your GT post and voila!

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

WOW! Thanks for the warm welcome and the info! Two relatives! I am so surprised. Anna looks a bit like Toby. She's a brindle. We say she looks like a cheetah :colgate She is SUPER sweet. I can't tell you. We are crazy about her. My husband, Mr. Wedon'tneedanotherdog always seems to grab her leash when we head out for a walk ;) I'll get a picture up asap. I don't know how you guys take such beautiful pictures! She is hard to photograph. Is there a trick??? Thanks again for the lovely welcome, it made my day.

Welcome! I'm another lifelong cat lover who is now obsessed with greyhounds too. :)

I love Beth's ears!

Edited by RedSquare

Taunya and her Supreme Grace, Anna - Sharsanna (Kiowa Sweet Trey x Camden Coming), Surge (no races), Kelsos Yorktown (Trent Lee x Kelsos Spotswood), Galgo Espanol - Valentin. Forever waitin' on Red (Kiowa Mon Manny x Bella Ionic).

Welcome! I'm another lifelong cat lover who is now obsessed with greyhounds too. :)

Me too - cat&grey lover here! (Just don't HAVE a grey at the moment...)

Greys really are pretty cat-like in a lot of ways, so you sort-of adopted a CAT!!! :lol:P

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on adoption of your FIRST greyhound.

Right now my boss is vacationing in Kennebunkport for a month (actually Deer Isle). ;)

Mom to Melly and Dani

Greyhound Bridge Angels - Jessie, Brittne, Buddy,

Red, Chica, Ford and Dodge.

Welcome from Central Maine!!! I'm also a cat lover who's discovered a love for greys. Just be careful, having a grey is like having chips. Once you have one, it's hard to stop from getting another. :lol

JoAnne, Instagram username mizhunie.

Brooke - Runnin Gamble
Trixie - 7 lbs of furry kitty love

Tucker - WW Charlie Sheen
Elmo - RIP buddy 3/16/12 (miss you so much!) Rex - Four Wheeler 4/18/17 (RIP buddy)

Hi From another Mainer (Buxton) :wave . I saw Anna on the AWS site. She is beautiful. We adopted our second greyhound, Betty, from AWS in December. Our first greyhound was adopted from MGPS in Dec 08. We too went to AWS to get a cat. We had lost our two cats within the past year (old age) and thought we wanted another kitty. We went to AWS with a cat carrier in hand and came home with Betty who is not cat safe. Our years of having a cat are over, but we love Betty and Heidi to pieces.

Congratulations on your new pup. Watch out- they are addicting. We thought we would only have one...

Christine- Mum to Betty (Nitro Ugly Betty), Hannah (Rj Have I Told U) and missing Heidi (Sendahl Eve) 04/21/2005-06/19/2013

Welcome aboard!

Got your message, BTW - thanks for the compliment!! :) I actually have to revise my signature to include my newst addition Henley. Nephew to the two older boys pictures.

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.

Welcome from the NH Seacoast. My Birdie is also a KST offspring. Welcome to the world of greyhounds.

CollageSnap

<p>Finn, Wink, Birdie, Snap and SmokeyJG Quicknfast 7/25/99-5/16/08, JG Quickwink 7/25/99-9/22/13, Iruska SweetDuv 7/19/03-11/9/16, Delbar 6/11/11 and Catahoula Smokey

Hey there,

What an awesome welcome. Thanks a bunch. All these KST kids! Heidismum, that made me laugh out loud. I love it! Still trying to get a good picture of her. I worked today, but tomorrow, it's a goal :)

Welcome from South Portland, Maine :):welcome2

I have heard great things about the AWS. I adopted Merlin from the Animal Refuge League in Westbrok as they have regular transports from NH as well. We went through a greyhound adoption group the second time, when we adopted Sagan.

Can't wait to see a picture of Anna! :gmark

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest snsnpups

Welcome to the world of greyhound lovers (or obsessers :lol ) You have joined a unique group of people who love these gentle creatures. I currently have 6--we started with one in 1994 and have never gone back to any other breed! There are play groups through out the state and a greyt support group too. We greyhound adopters stick together ;) Good luck with your little girl!

Sue

Guest snsnpups

Hello Everyone,

We adopted Anna (Sharsanna) in March from the Animal Welfare Society in Kennebunk, ME. My daughter and I were looking for the right CAT to fill a gap left by a great CAT that passed away over a year ago. We had never even seen a Greyhound before we met Anna. It was love at first sight. We went back and visited her three times that week as I tried to talk my husband into adopting her. Finally I told him that I couldn't leave her there or let her go anywhere else and he understood. If only the family didn't keep saying I have become obsessed with Greyhounds!

I love your pictures and helpful posts. These dogs are not like other dogs and it really helps to be able to read through a forum and get advice. I have actually found myself in tears over a few sad posts. Thanks again. I'll try to learn how to post pictures so I can upload a picture of Anna.

Hi There! I can't answer your message so I will answer here! We would love to meet you and Anna. Just let me know when you will be around and I will let you know where we can meet. The 13th is the Winter Harbor Lobster Festival and I will be wandering around part of the day with 2 of my donation dogs somewhere. We used to do the whole day, but it has gotten to be too much for me to be there 9 hours in one spot. So now we just bring a couple over and walk around with their jackets on. I used to bring a couple of my babies to work with me every day, but our son brings his Rottie too and right now the old guy (he'll be 12 in Oct) is fighting terminal bone cancer and I figure he doesn't need to have my guys there bothering him.

Who are you visiting? Maybe I know them,

See you soon.

Sue

Welcome to GT and the incredible world of Greys. Thank you for rescuing Anna from the Animal Welfare Society which I am surprised had a Grey, especially in KB. We have a vacation home down along Brown St towards Parsons Beach and if we are ever in town, we'll be with our three Greys so you will likely see us.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Thank you for rescuing Anna from the Animal Welfare Society which I am surprised had a Grey, especially in KB.

The AWS has a contract with Becker College in Massachusetts to place greyhounds at the end of a semester. Each semester the vet students do their spay/neuter, dental and agility training with them. Becker drops them off at AWS with any medications they need

(which are passed on to adopters), food and gives AWS grant money to help defer the cost of placing them. It seems to be a win for all involved.

Christine- Mum to Betty (Nitro Ugly Betty), Hannah (Rj Have I Told U) and missing Heidi (Sendahl Eve) 04/21/2005-06/19/2013

Guest Tuesday

Welcome aboard!! :) I live in Augusta and am closely affiliated with Maine Greyhound Placement Service, also in Augusta. I have a greyhound puppy (she is almost 6 months old) named Tuesday. Come visit us sometime. We have wonderful playdates up here in our enormous fenced-in greyhound park. Enjoy the wonderful and life changing world of greyhounds!! :colgate