Freddy's Sick

Guest freddysmom

Guest freddysmom

He has gum disease and we have been doing planned extractions. He is going in tomorrow for a dental. But he is ill. I have talked to vet and she will check him out before deciding whether or not they canDo the dental. The thing that bothers me the most is that he is having black stools. This is worrying the vet also. My dog is 12 hrs old. Please send him some white light. A question - how long do Greys usually live? Freddy is my first and only dog andI'm terribly worried. We've been together 10 years. He retired the first yr he raced because he broke his leg.

Edited by freddysmom

Good thoughts for Freddy.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Sending many good thoughts....you have come to the right place for support, information, and encouragment....as the people on this site have been here for me right along through a number of things. :blush

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest greytbookert

Sending prayers for Freddy! Besides the black stool, are there any other symptoms?

Edited by greytbookert

Guest KennelMom

Sending good thoughts for Freddy :hope

10-12 years is the typical lifespan given for a greyhound, thought many of ours have lived past 13.

Guest Greyglo

Adding our prayers and lots of good wishes for your Freddy.

There are many dogs on this board who are older than 12. Best wishes!

Sending good thoughts to Freddie... from Nixon and his sisters

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg