Memory Foam Bed

Guest WarmheartedPups

Guest WarmheartedPups

I want to buy Roo a memory foam bed....her sweet old bones need some support.

I have researched past posts on GT....looked at Blue Ridge Beds on E Bay....nothing there...just 10 pound stuff...that keeps telling me I am outbid.

Looked all over and they are way to expensive. I just dont have 200.00 to spend on a dog bed.

It also looks like you want memory foam with a supportive foam underneath. four inches?...for a 60 pound dog.

What have you found out there that is a good deal... quality product.....fair price.

Your help is appreciated. :colgate

What I did for my old girl was take an old memory foam topper that I bought from Linen N Things or Bed Bath and Beyond several years ago for me (it was an inch thick) and I cut that up and put that in an empty bed cover. Works fine and it wasn't $200. I think it was $75 or something like that. Quite a bit cheaper than the actual beds.

Guest 2dogs4cats

If I were you, I would just buy a memory foam bed topper from Overstock (twin size is all you need, I bought a Queen size from Overstock for $60), cut it in squares and stack it however high you want and put it in some fabric. If you can sew, you can sew the cover yourself or there are plenty of empty covers you can buy online. Probably can make yourself a bed for way under $100.

Guest Greytluv

Is there a Costco near you? The one by me sells large square memory foam dog beds for $20-30 each...

I think they're 3-4" thick. I'll check the next time I'm out there.

The one I have from Costco isn't thick enough. It seems it's all collapsed where the dog sleeps. I have a bed topper that I'm going to cut up.

Guest WarmheartedPups

Is there a Costco near you? The one by me sells large square memory foam dog beds for $20-30 each...

I think they're 3-4" thick. I'll check the next time I'm out there.

The Costo near me only carries the fiberfill/cedar chip 18.00 beds. I have looked on line

and do not see memory foam.

Guest TBSFlame

What I did for my old girl was take an old memory foam topper that I bought from Linen N Things or Bed Bath and Beyond several years ago for me (it was an inch thick) and I cut that up and put that in an empty bed cover. Works fine and it wasn't $200. I think it was $75 or something like that. Quite a bit cheaper than the actual beds.

I did the same thing. My dogs like more fluffy beds so I put a regular bed on top of the memory foam bed.

Guest Wasserbuffel

I got a nice bed at Bass Pro. Shops. It's Redhead brand, about 2" thick memory foam. It's been in her crate since May and still just as thick as when I put it in. Except at one end. That's because the foam is cut just a little thinner and there is a polyfil "pillow" section that has gotten mashed down from her sleeping on it, but that's easy to re-stuff.

Almost forgot, the bed was $50

Edited by Jayne

The memory foam I got from BlueRidge on Ebay was not such a fab buy as I had hoped. And I'm to a point where I really need to re-think her bedding. The foam I got is too dense and therefore too hard for my 62# girl. She barely sinks in at all. I think I got too good a buy!! I should have bid on the less dense stuff. And there's nothing for her to "fluff".

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/mtbucket/siggies/Everyday-2.jpgJane - forever servant to the whims and wishes of Maggie (L's Magnolia of JCKC) and Sam the mutt pup.[/b]

She's classy, sassy and a bit smart assy.

I didn't use memory foam for my old girl, I used the egg crate foam instead. I have a memory foam mattress myself, and I can see how a 60 lb dog wouldn't make much of a dent :) The egg crate foam held up very well, and seemed to give her the support she needed. However, when I tried to get more, I have had trouble finding some thick enough. I want it at least 4".

I bought an egg shell foam bed from Costco for Saint. It's about 4 inches thick and very comfy for him and he weights 94lbs.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Not all Costco sell the same products. And they change their stock quickly.

One day you'll find the regular cedar-filled beds, and another day you'll find the foam-filled ones.

I have the cedar ones, and when they got a bit flat I added in a piece of egg-crate foam.

Works greyt.

Edited by BatterseaBrindl

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I buy the egg crate foam, fold it in fours, my beds are 34x36, buy the queen size, in one bed I have 3 and it is very thick and soft, price walmart and the dollar general. I have found it for 10-12 dollar for each piece. 2 would probably be thick enough, I have a couple that only have 2 and they like those also. I sew dog bed covers using bed sheets like a pillow case and put 1 inch velcro at the opening so that it stays closed. My dogs love the beds. Hint for this is the inside foam should have a cover that you leave on and have one for outside that you can take off and wash. This saves the foam and makes it easier to take the cover off to wash. I do have 2 beds that the outside cover is fleece and they really like these bed covers this time of year

Edited by Kathy3

My long dog has bed failure (hangs off everything). I hit the jackpot on trash night. My neighbor tossed out a baby crib and with it was the crib mattress in new condition. It even has 2 layers of stretch to fit sheets. It has vinyl covering so drooling and accidents won't matter. Soooooooooooooooo,check thrift stores for crib mattress or new at Wally World or Kmart are around $60-70 and WILL be large enough!unless they need your queen bed,lol

We bought our first greyhound bed from Mammoth. We have had Ian for 2 years next month and his bed is still in great shape and does not sag. I'm not sure that it has so much to do with the thickness of the foam, or the density, or both. These are great beds and are available in several sizes that are large enough for our greybabies.

http://www.mammothoutlet.com/pet-beds-pet-mats.htm

Good luck!

Lisa

Lisa & Chris with Bella and Little Petey

~Our sweet Ian forever in our hearts~

I was lucky enough to find a memory foam bed at Costco. Its 4 inches thick (I just went and measured) and it has held up quite well. Its Opie's living room bed. We have had it almost 2 years, and its as good as the day we bought it. And yeah, it was like $25 or something like that. Washable removable cover. Great buy if you can find one.

Mom to Toley (Astascocita Toley) DOB 1/12/09, and Bridge Angel Opie (Wine Sips Away) 3/14/03-12/29/12