Georgie Boy Has Arrived !

Guest Diablo

After waiting almost 6 weeks, it was finaly time to go and pick up Georgie Boy in the UK!

We left friday morning at 4 AM, I didn't need my alarm to get up :rolleyes:

At 1.15 PM the KGC arrived at the meeting point. I was soooo excited to see him.

He is such a lovely boy and has the silkiest coat ever!

Here are some more pix of him from his fostermom, Ireland and his 1st day in Belgium

george12.jpg

this is how he arrived in the kennels in Ireland

pix from his foster mum in the UK

George6.jpg

george2-2.jpg

george-1.jpg

george24.jpg

George9.jpg

Georgieday1001.jpg

my first glimps of him

Georgieday1005.jpg

Georgieday1017.jpg

Georgieday1018.jpg

He is doing great with my other dogs. I went to the dog park on sunday where I could let him of lead and boy he run!

for his 8.5 yrs he is realy fast!

I'm sooooo happy he is finaly home

sorry for the truck load of pix :blush

Isa

He is very handsome. That first picture makes me sad. Is that blood?

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

He is very handsome. That first picture makes me sad. Is that blood?

Yes it was blood, he and the broodie Mildred, he came with also 8yrs old arrived in a very poorly state.

His gums where so infected that he bleeded all the time. The vet had to pull out 30 tooth.

They both where skin and bones, when they arrived in July at the kennels :(

The KGC didn't want them to stay in kennels cause they where in such a bad shape, so the put them in foster care in the UK,

where they could get, the much needed attention and TLC they needed.

Mildred was adopted in September, but nobody wanted the poor boy.

When I first saw him on the website, in august, I fell in love with his pretty little face.

At the time I still had 5 dogs of my own and a foster dog + we have an agrement with KGC that our org only takes dogs from the kennels in Ireland.

George was adopted back in october, but his new owner had a seizure in the middle of the street, Georgie stayed put after this happened, he wouldn't leave his new owner. The owner couldn't take care of him anymore, so after 14days he was returned to KGC. And back in foster care.

After loosing 2 of my girls in december I knew I had so much more love to give, so I asked if they would make an exception for Georgie Boy and let him come to Belgium. The whole KGC crew was happy that somebody finaly would give him a home and where happy it was me, cause they see me at least once a month on the GURs so they would always know how he's doing.

So last friday i went to pick him up, I was super excited and he is such a lovely and active old boy!

Since he arrived at home, he never had an accident in house and does great with my dogs!

I'm so happy to have him.

Guest katethegreyt

What a face! I can see why you fell in love with him. I'm surprised nobody else wanted him. And I love his little spots! Congratulations - it's always great to see an older dog get a good home, but he doesn't look a day over 4 = )

He is so handsome...how kind of you to take him in where he will have such a wonderful home. And we love pics...no such thing as too many.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mom2Shiloh

Sorry I'm so late with this.. I don't come into Intro often enough :(

He is absolutely Gorgeous!! And, as has been said -- you cannot post too many pictures!! :)

Guest Adrianne

Georgie Boy is so handsome, and what a story he has! That's amazing that he stayed with his first owner in the street after the seizure. Sounds like an amazing boy to me.