Marx Needs Prayers Update 1/26/11 Post #1

Here we go again! :( Marx is still recovering from his dental last week,(he is so much better), but now has another issue. He is having rear end issues, especially with his back right leg. Sometimes not bearing full weight on it. His toes arent' buckeling (thank god) but something is definately wrong. His gait is off and he is having some trouble positioning to go poo as well as trouble positioning himself when laying down, he just can't get comfortable. So my gt friends like so many here my dear sweet Marx, who will turn 11 in March, could use some white light and prayers sent his way. His vet will see him Tues. morning at 8:30. I will update after the visit.

Thanks!

---------------------------------------

update: 1/23/11: Marx has not been doing well today, DH said Wednesday night he was up and down quite a bit, very restless. He is having trouble getting comfortable. I even tried getting him to sleep on our couch in the living room, all pillow are removed and a nice down comforter is on there to snuggle, but no luck. He is hesitant to jump up on the couch and once up there he is slow to lay down then doesn't lay down for long before getting up and getting off the couch. He does lay on the dog bed but he can't get comfy on that either. I'm at a loss for what the problem is. He is not yelping but you can see the look in his eyes that he is not feeling well. He is very clingy. Anyone have any ideas? Marx has an appointment for the vet Monday 24th

----------------------update 1/25/11--------------------------------------------------

went to see neruologist today, wow talk about an intense exam!!! Poor Marx Marx reacted multiple times in multiple areas upon manipulation. The vet was rather surprised. He is not sure it's a spine issue at this point. Blood work was done today and will have results Wed. morning. Marx needs to be sedated and have more xrays taken (his regular vet will do that) hopefully on Wed. as well. The scary thing of all of this is now the doctor thinks there is something going on with his abdomen I will discuss this further with his regular vet and of course the necessary xrays will be taken. Marx has been through it the past 2 days and is exhausted as are his mommy and daddy. DH and I discussed some things and have made some decisions on how far we will go with this. I absolutely will not subject him to any further manipulation after the xrays are done. We will not pursue an MRI (I know many with think we are not doing enough, but we know our boy and the stress of all of this on him out weighs everything else). So we are in somewhat of a holding pattern right now and hope to have many answers tomorrow. I am hoping whatever is going on can be treated with medication and he can have a full life and be comfortable. As for the abdomen thing....well...I'm not even gonna say it. Again all my friends and GT peeps please keep those prayers and well wishes coming.

I appreciate all the positive comments as well as ideas from all of you.

==========1/26/11 update=====================

due to a snow/ice storm vet closed early today. hoping to have them done thurs. morning.

Edited by Lilysmom

Praying for all the missing greys!

:( Poor bug, and poor worried momma. Sending lots of prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Good thoughts for Marx. I hope it's nothing serious and that the vet can put your mind at ease.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

OMG! Onyx is having the same thing. She had a dental last Friday and her hind end is giving out now. She got stuck in the snow at the far end of my property this morning, I had to carry her back in. Her hind legs just aren't working right.

She's 15.

I'll definitely be looking forward to Marx's vet visit. And praying hard it's nothing.

A little late but just seeing this. Hope Marx's vet visit went well and you got an easy fix for that sweet boy.

Trish, Thorpe, Thorton, Solstice and Remy
Come see us at Milkys Greyt Goodies Fleece coats, cool-down coats, pajamas and Scrunchies for the well dressed greyhound

Sorry for the late update computer issues at home :( Marx is doing much better. The vet examined him and did notice that when he walked/trotted his right hind leg did swing out a bit. He did not have any buckeling or yelping when she was manipulating his legs during the physical exam. She gave us a 3 day does of drugs to see if that takes care of things if not she did suggest accupuncture (which I was thinking of doing). I am relieved it's nothing serious and he probably has a pinced nerve somewhere. Of course we will limit his activity and keep close watch.

Thanks everyone for all the well wishes and prayers.

Praying for all the missing greys!

What meds did the vet give for those 3 days, and did they make any difference?

Maybe time for x-rays of that leg and spine/abdomen?

Sending prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.