Marx Needs Prayers Update 1/26/11 Post #1

What meds did the vet give for those 3 days, and did they make any difference?

Maybe time for x-rays of that leg and spine/abdomen?

Sending prayers.

given rymadyl 1/2 tab every 12 hrs. had dose this morning (sun). told dh to stop giving it. it's not working. i cant cry anymore. i am having one hell of a time keeping it together. will go to vet monday morning to talk about things, i.e. xray, ultrasound, etc. something is telling me to sono his belly

Praying for all the missing greys!

If it isn't too expensive where you are, x-ray is often useful first, then ultrasound of any suspicious things to follow.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Poor Marx. It could be a number of things so it is best to let the vet DX it systematically and not upset yourselves with guessing; Marx will be happier if you're acting calm and normally. At the very least Marx should get some effective pain relief; try and focus on that and continue to hope the problem can be found, controlled and eventually cured.

Guest mcsheltie

I hope I didn't miss something, I skimmed thru the thread after reading your post in EEG. But from what I read, don't let yourself get worked up imagining the worst. The fact that he is eating, drinking & pooping normally is a good sign.

GHs aren't the most stoic animals on the planet. My first thought is that he has hurt his neck, hip or back either going into or coming out of anesthesia. Or perhaps has some arthritic or disc issues that hadn't made an appearance until he strained the area coming out of the dental.

I have a friend who is a big guy. He trimmed another friend's GHs nails. Soon after the GH started limping. Everyone freaked out thinking it was Osteo. I kept telling them I have seen my friend do nails before and he jacks their legs all over the place. They did x-rays and sent them to OSU. Turns out it was arthritis in her shoulder which didn't bother her until her leg got wrenched around.

I'm sending prayers that this is just a minor thing.

Guest mbfilby

Our Mickey came back from her last dental with a horrendous bruise along the entire inside of her rear leg. Vets and Techs are not always gentle when moving knocked out animals, and they arn't always aware of causing injury.

Our Mickey came back from her last dental with a horrendous bruise along the entire inside of her rear leg. Vets and Techs are not always gentle when moving knocked out animals, and they arn't always aware of causing injury.

I'll second that! I've seen firsthand how a big hound gets flopped trying to turn them over from one side to the other during a

dental.....I'm not saying they're being careless, I'm just saying 80 - 90 lbs of asleep hound can be a chore to get turned over

on a skinny dental table.

Hope all is well & everyone gets some rest tonight.

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

Guest Javasmom

I am so sorry Karen. Like Maureen, I hope it is something super simple. Girl, you know you can call me, email me or message me if you need to vent or talk. I am PRAYING this is something very simple and that he will be feeling better soon. Hugs.

Guest BleuDog

Prayers for you ALL.........

I know he seems to be having rear end problems......BUT....PLEASE......check his chest cavity......listen & x-ray.....2-3 weeks after a dental could be perfect timing for bacteria from the dental to be causing heart or lung problems....

Sending healing vibes and thoughts and Lots of white light......

Prayers for you ALL.........

I know he seems to be having rear end problems......BUT....PLEASE......check his chest cavity......listen & x-ray.....2-3 weeks after a dental could be perfect timing for bacteria from the dental to be causing heart or lung problems....

Sending healing vibes and thoughts and Lots of white light......

I second this. Not to scare you, but hearing that he can't get comfortable lying down makes me think congestive heart failure as a differential diagnoses. When they lie down and aren't moving they don't have gravity or muscle movement and blood flow to the heart/lungs increases (because muscles aren't using it) and the failing heart can't handle the increased blood and they get fluid seeping into their lungs, so they can't breathe as well and therefore aren't comfy. Again, not to scare you because it could easily be something as simple as he's got a kink in his neck from the surgery, but just something to think about. If he's going in for xrays soon I'm sure the vet will look at his heart, especially if s/he knows about the issues getting to sleep lying down. Hopefully it's noting.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

Just seeing the updates now, Karen. Did the vet find anything yesterday? Sending you hugs :grouphug

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire