Lola Digging A Hole!

Sahara is a "sometimes" digger. I don't encourage it, as she gets very dirty and tracks mud into the house. Haven't been able to stop it, though. :lol

Rebecca
with Atlas the borzoi, Luna the pyr, and Madison the cat, always missing Sahara(Flyin Tara Lyn) and Coltrane(Blue on By) the greyhounds

There's no reason other than once she gets started, you'll have a heck of a time stopping her if it gets to be too much for you!

Make sure she doesn't dig so far down there is a hole under your fence. She sure looks proud of herself!

As long as you're OK with it, there's no problem! She looks very happy.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest avadogner

Our backyard has two 3 foot deep holes. The first was made by Ava over the last 5 years and the second made by Augie over the last 16 days! They curl up in them and all you can see is the top of their heads. They think they are invisible in there and watch the squirrels on the feeders. If your not upset with it and can deal with dirty paws then dig away. I look at it as another way to work out that SA they get. I am disabled due to kidney failure so I rarely leave the house due to immunosuppression for transplant. So on the few occasional trips out I come home to two stressed pups. Ava is okay with it but she gets stressed listening to Augie cry and chew up stuff.

-ava and augie's mum

Ahhh... the holes! Our yard is full of holes.

Nixon is helping his 14 yr old GSD sister keep her holes in perfect condition. They have one that is a couple of feet deep.

I have always called that fenced in area 'the dog yard' and they are just making sure it really is their yard!

Thankfully, our Pointer X is not a digger! She just lays in the holes the other 2 have carved out.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Guest greymama002

Our 3 find great fun in digging and hiding in their holes. Then they spring out and run around, then duck back into the holes. It gives exercise and joy, so we don't discourage it. Be sure to keep taking pics of Lola and her digs! She is gorgeous and looks very content!

Our don't dig in the yard, I assume because it's hard clay. But when we took Capri to the outer banks, she fell in love with the beach. Didn't care for the water, but we'd set up chairs and an umbrella on the beach and read for hours, while she dug herself a hole in the sand to lie in. She was happy as a brindle clam with sand all over her face. And we're very positive that when we got home again, she missed the beach very much! Next home diy project: sandbox in the yard for the dogs!

Sharon, Loki, Freyja, Capri (bridge angel and most beloved heart dog), Ajax (bridge angel) and Sweetie Pie (cat)

Visit Hound-Safe.com by Something Special Pet Supplies for muzzles and other dog safety products

:gh_bow

Maddie digs" little" holes in the backyard. Drives me nuts as when I am cutting the lawn, sometimes my foot goes in the hole and I yell out darn it Maddie or another term. LOL (she is not around when I do this) but I try and curb the digging behavior by aiming water in her direction when I see her digging or eating poop (yuck). She hates having water close to her or on her and when she sees the big water squirter near her direction she runs. This is a good thing right now as I just seeded and aerated the yard. Don't understand why Maddie does not dig at the beach when we go as she is an ace digger at home.

Edited by Maddiesmom

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Guest pichick712

Lola is just beautiful!!!!

My Indy has started digging but I think he is trying to get to some little creature in the yard. I just don't want him digging and escaping.

Maybe the dirt is cool and she likes it. I am sure you don't but she obviously does. Isn't there some "no digging" thing u can spray????

Guest isntitgreyt

Love the pic :) Mine dig and have some nice holes in DH's horseshoe pits but that's sand and easily fixed. I do have a few larger holes that have been dug but they like it and I don't mind. I fill them in but they'll redig so I just leave it now.

Ah Yes,,, holes,, I know this can be an issue with others,,, for me,,, well,,, to many other things to worry about,,,,, I think she is so cute in her hole,,,, :lol

Guest FordRacingRon

FYi from a person owned by a trench digger....it won't stop.

On backyard is pretty bad and small (shaped like a rectangle) but one side has trees and dirt. We're talking about a 20 by 40 feet lawn, pretty small. Ten feet of it or so is dirt with 3 small evergreen trees. Years ago Leia started with a tiny hole (she will not dig in the grass however) between the trees which eventually became huge trenches around the trees. She love to run into a hole/trench, dig, then do zoomies ending up back in her hole where she digs more,,looks at me to chase her, then starts her zoomies again. LAst summer my DW said that was enough, had me fill in the holes and using x-pens, cut Leia off from the dirt.

Well if did stop her from digging, but she never seemed to want to do zoomies anymore. Just wandered around the yard not looking happy at all. So a couple of weeks ago I let her have access to about a 4 foot square area to see what she would do. She started in with her hole but her zoomies came back too as did her joy. So my dog needs to dig, its fun for her and gets her excited enough to run. I can't take that away from her.

The other problem is last year when we left her at the sitters while we were on vacation, she taught the sitters dogs and the fosters that were there a the time the joy of digging. The sitter cam home from work and found all the dogs digging trenches in the backyard.