Ollie Not Right- Update 50

RobinM

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seeing this....

Prayers for Ollie. As far as him being at the vet overnight.....is he going to be alone? i.e. I'm assuming they have no one on staff overnight. If that's the case, can you bring him home and do fluids sub-cutaneous (spelling is wrong, I'm sure)....it's pretty simple to do - and very safe - if you haven't done it before - and any vet can show you how. That way he could continue to get fluids and still be at home. The fluids are not as direct as IV, but it still works.

i agree. my vet taught me how to do the fluids at home..it is easy..so sorry your own vet wasn't in..that figures..continued prayers for Ollie.

Lexie is gone but not forgotten.💜

Ollie is home. He drank water as soon as he walked in. I gave him 4.5 oz of ground duck and ground beef which he ate, thank GOD. Tomorrow, I continue the antibiotics and as long as he is eating he can remain home. He normally gets 14 oz at each meal. he has not eaten since 5 last night. So 4.5 oz was skarfed down. As long as there is no choking or throwing it back up, I can give him another 3 oz around 12 AM. Then back to normal amounts tomorrow but not bones for a few days.

I saw the x-rays. The lung is definately in question. We are hoping we just happened to catch something really really early and are treating it with the antibiotics. We will need to repeat the x-rays in a few days.

Thank you all for your continue prayers and support.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

You've probably already thought of it, but I'd keep Beau away from Ollie until you have a better idea what's going on.

I thought of you guys often today while I was at work. I just got home and came straight to the computer to check on Ollie. (My dogs think I was supposed to feed them first. Sorry, gang.)

I'll be thinking of you all...

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

OMG Robin :cry1 :cry1 I have not been on GT for the last week or so and I just read this entire thread now. I am so sorry this happened to Ollie. I am keeping my fingers very, very tightly crossed for your sweet boy. :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck:candle:candle

Please please please let it be something easily treatable and that Ollie starts to respond to the meds soon.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Glad to hear Ollie is back home. I'm sure he's much happier in a familiar environment.

Hope the can figure out what's going on with his lung and get is resolved quickly.

Mom to BridgeGreys~~STORM 07/99-02/08/11, VICKI 12/15/00-01/12/11, BAY 02/00-10/25/10 and CASHEW 10/99-2/23/10

and cats ~~ IRISH, MUMBLES, MUFFIN, TJ, PUNKIN and Bridge cats SARAH (07/29/97-07/07/06) and BRIE (04/11/96-01/22/12)

a very lively Whippet, OLIVIA and JAKE, the Iggy

Guest BorzoiMom

Wow, I hope he starts to feel better! I hate not knowing what's going on. It's very frustrating for the vet staff too, they want to know so they can fix it. :) Hugs.

We had a good night and a better morning. We are headed to Grateful Greyhounds fall ball today.

He can relax in the x-pen while taking in all the new scents!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyt news! Enjoy the day!

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I am so sorry to hear about Ollie. I hope he continues to improve and that you all enjoyed the fall ball.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

I'm glad he's feeling better. And maybe the outdoor air and excitement will help with his appetite (if he even needs any help in that department).

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Just checking in on you and your big boy!

Hope you all had a nice day, and that Ollie is feeling better!

It was really nice. The weather, event, people. Perfect day. We set up a large, very large x-pen. We bring 3 and attach them and we fit Nancy's pack and ours.Her dogs are like extended pack to ours. We always have room for a few more and we were under some huge trees and they had a lot of shade. So they snoozed and enjoyed the outside.

Ollie is almost back to normal. I did ask my vet if it were OK for him to go today and she felt it would be fine since all he was doing was chilling anyway. He has been eating however, I am not permitted to give him bones or his beloved duck breast treats yet. We are sticking with soft foods. So, he has the ground duck which has the bones crushed in it, some tripe and chopped meat. It takes him longer to eat the soft food because he has to eat it rather than just swallow whole.

I will be asking some more experienced raw eaters how to get him to stop just sucking down the bones. We want to wait till the imflammed and probably somewhat painful ephogus is better before we add in the bones again. He is on high doses of clavomox (500mg bid) until Monday. Then, we will proabably lower the dose. He will be rexrayed next week and God willing, the spot on the lungs which they thought might be pnumonia (but not a true pnumonia) is gone and the lung is clear.

Guest Hollys2hounds

Just thinking of you both.... How is your big boy doing?

I know you don't go for xrays til the weekend, but do you think the antibiotics are helping?

How is his mood?

Thoughts and prayers,

H