10 Years

Guest Grhndad

Guest Grhndad

It's been 10 years since I lost my little black girl, Lola. The one that started us on this greyt odyssey we have been on. Ten long years, yet at times it seems like yesterday. I often wonder why she was taken from me so soon and at such a young age, 6. I could have coped better if she had been ill but to have her healthy and playing one minute and be gone a few seconds later is hard to comprehend. Was it part of a master plan by the almighty? I can only assume it was, but that doesn't lessen the hurt. Was it necessary to lose Lola in order for the others to come? It's almost like she knew exactly which one to bring in. some young, some older but all a perfect fit.

She was the perfect one. The one that everyone wants to have at least once. Like a lot of girls, she loved to shop. She was the stuffie shopper. She would go up and down the toy asle at Petsmart looking for new stuffies. When she found one, she would get it and bring it to Janie to put in the basket. Of all of our greys, she was the only shopper.

It was Lola that taught Vinka and Katie about home life and playing with stuffies. After we built the play yard, Lola and Vinka would spend hours over there running and playing. Running laps until they couldn't, rest a few minutes and start again.

I watched heart broken as Vinka, the following day, laid down in the spot Lola died . I watched with tears in my eyes as Vinka with her happy tail licked the plastic bag containing Lola's remains as I transfered them to the urn. So many visions remain with me to this day. However, to me, most are not the ones you would like to remain. Some are like snapshots others are like a movie, Three girls standing under the oak tree in the shade, the start of the chase, the stumble, the fall, the last gasp of breath, then gone before I could even get to her. How I wish these visions would go away, maybe one day they will.

Oh yes, my little black sweetie is with me, in spirit, all of the time.She makes sure I know that but it's not the same.

doG, I miss my baby girl!!!!!!

Lola-1-1.jpg

Guest Gingergrey

Hugs to you. She would want you to remember the good memories. We never forget our babies no matter how long it has been since they left.

Lola sounds like she was truly your heart dog, and left a huge hole in your heart when she suddenly passed. :brokenheart My deepest condolences to you. :grouphug Time heals ever so slowly...

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest PhillyPups
:bighug. I so know your pain - the what ifs, the replay, the wondering whys. However I do not think our angels would ever want us doubting ourselves, you gave her love forever, that is a lot to give. :bighug

I understand. Slim was also 6 and it also was sudden and unexpected. Ten years or a hundred years-makes no difference. Your spirits are always together. Your spirit recognizes hers-with you still-that is why she will always be on your mind. I do think she may be a little saddened though that the last frame is remembered so much. I sense that she rejoices in the relationship you all have and remembers first the glory and happiness of running like the wind and shopping etc. and is wishing that someday you will think of those overwhelming joy's too before the negative scenes come to mind. She has so much joy! I love her shopping story! I apologize if I was too forward, I was just wanting to share my experience strength and hope. When Slim crossed over what helped me to finally get it together was understanding that he was actually mad at me because I was letting the grief hurt me so with no plans to change. In fact he actually threatened me if I didn't shape up. (That's the way he was!) He taught me from the other side that I was being wrong- that he was indeed with me still and it was wrong to be going on like I was. And truthfully now I do think of all the good times first. Lola ia a most beautiful blessing!grouphug.gif

I am just broken hearted for your loss. I do understand how your are hurting. My wonderful beautiful girl was taken from me back in 2004. A deep hurt. Your wonderful guardian angel is watching over you now. God Bless and lots of peacefulness your way.

flowers_red.gifflowers_red.gifflowers_red.gif

I feel the love, I feel your pain. She lives on in your heart and always will.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

She was a beauty, wasn't she? I'm sorry she had to leave you, and in that way. Gentle hugs to you in your time of remembrance.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

10 years! I remember when you lost her. It doesn't seem possible it's been that long. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown