Sm Bold Energy 3/12/-93 - 7/17-04

Guest Energy11

Guest Energy11

Saturday will be six years since I lost my Bold Energy.

Energy was my first greyhound! He was my "anniversary Greyhound," and was a present from my then husband, Bob. We adopted him on 6/27/97. He was wonderful from day one, and was a loyal companion, and very very close to his Daddy Bob! He was a dark brindle boy with erect ears.

When Bob was dying of cancer, Energy laid on the couch, never out of sight of the Hospice bed. The day Bob died, and was taken away, Energy jumped on the Hospice bed and wouldn't get off.

This boy saw me through some of THE WORST times EVER. After Bob's Memorial, Energy and I went together on the greatest three week road trip to "every place beautiful" on the east coast, ... the farest point ... Boothbay Maine.

Energy was with me during extreme grief, trying to adjust to living without Bob, living with my DD (*which was awful), ... and the list goes on. He was with me when I met my now husband, John, and they hit it off well. Energy traveled with us, and became close to John.

On 7/17/04, we had to send our Energy to The Bridge. He had what the Evet said was intussusception of the small intestine. This would have required major abdominal surgery, with a poor prognosis. I wasn't willing to put an 11.5 yr old boy through this, Making this decision was terribly hard!

That day, 7/17/04, my world seemed to END! Losing my Bob was bad, but when Energy died, ... it was the last thing I had from Bob. NOTHING felt like this, NOTHING! I knew no one who understood what I was feeling. I didn't know about Greytalk ... I was alone!

Energy's death changed my life. I left paramedicine for a job at my vet's. I met and adopted My Curfew the next day (*he was the neediest boy at the GPAGO kennel), ... then, came Goldie, Oakly, Staggerlee and Cari. Later, our seniors, now at The Bridge, Dasher and Max.

Since Energy's death, I have strived to help others with their losses, because I had no one. I strive to help others anyway I can, and ... I have dedicated my life to my five Greyhounds, ... totally.

Thank you, Bold Energy for making me take the time to slow my life down, and take another road. Thank you for finding Curfew and the others for me, and for keeping me a live after Bob died. You are missed everyday, but in everyone of my greys, part of you lives. flowers_red.gifghrun.gif

Somewhere over the rainbow, Energy, Bob, Dasher and Max, wait for me!

Edited by Energy11

Dee, He sounds like he was a Very Special Boy! Your tribute to him is Beautiful! :grouphug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest Energy11

Sounds like he was one very special boy.

One in a million! He found Curfew for me, I know he did! ... he found them all! This boy's death did totally change my life ... it is unreal.

Guest how888
:cry1 I wish I could give you a big hug.. Your memories will bond you together forever.. I understand when you said he found another one for you to open your home too. It is amazing what they can do over that rainbow! I can't wait til we all meet n greet one more time... Until then, Energy keep sending those signs...:gh_lay

Rest well, good boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh what a beautiful tribute. I know exactly what you are talking about. Slim changed my life forever also. I believe they are really spirit guides that teach us so much more than what we can initially even imagine. They came and gave us what we so desperately needed. They continue to teach and care for us from the other side. Of course he sent Curfew to you. Energy will be with you always. It seems noteworthy to me that his name is Energy-because thats the whole thing. Love is Energy. grouphug.gif

grouphug.gifgrouphug.gifgrouphug.gifgrouphug.gifgrouphug.gif Thank you Energy for showing your Momma the way to happiness.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Goldsmom

Your tribute to your husband and Enegry speaks volumes about your heart. The loss of a partner can't be understood unless you have been in your shoes, and most of us have not. We can only hold you up in prayer and offer you many shoulders to cry on and ears to listen. What we mostly have in common is the loss of our Greys. We all know that pain, and loss all too well, and can grieve with you, with fist hand of understanding.

Know your not alone, and should you need a soft palce to fall...reach out to the wonderful people on this list....they above all will understand and support you in the bad times and good...

Bless all the hounds and humans!

Guest kydie

I am sorry Dee,,, I don't post as much as I should on this area, I can hardly finish reading a post and the tears flow, and I can't even type,,, Dee your post was beautiful,,,, to all those who post on "Rememberence" I do read your posts,,, I'm just no good here!!!! :(

For,,,, Bold Energy look for my pups at the rainbow bridge, you will know them for sure, each has a red ribbon around their neck when they left for their journey

Guest kydie

I am sorry Dee,,, I don't post as much as I should on this area, I can hardly finish reading a post and the tears flow, and I can't even type,,, Dee your post was beautiful,,,, to all those who post on "Rememberence" I do read your posts,,, I'm just no good here!!!! :(

For,,,, Bold Energy look for my pups at the rainbow bridge, you will know them for sure, each has a red ribbon placed around their neck when they left for their journey

:f_red

Edited by kydie

Guest Adrianne

I thought about you Saturday and wished for you a day of happy memories of your boy.

You are an amazing woman, and I'm so happy to call you friend.

Guest Energy11

I thought about you Saturday and wished for you a day of happy memories of your boy.

You are an amazing woman, and I'm so happy to call you friend.

Thank you!

Thank you ALL for your wonderful posts! THIS is how it could have been, six years ago, when Energy passed! It was HORRIBLE not having ANYONE but DH John, but at least, I had him! Having all of you now, makes things sooo much easier!

This time of year is extremely HARD for me! The loss of Energy, and, ... on Sept. 15th... it will be eight years, since My Bob died. ... I will always love them both, and they ARE part of my life, ... and live on, in my heart!

I am a very RICH person, to have friends like all of you!!!!!!!! Dee ...